You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Re: GNR Release 'Absurd' Single

Izzyjim wrote:

I think the hardcore fan base can afford a full on Misery on them.. with what people were willing to pay for that AFD boxset (must admit, it's still on my list lol) and the bullshit VIP tickets, yeah I think we can do that.

What still be better,  a Kickstarter or GoFundMe campaign?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

Alright since I’m letting my self get excited like a nerdy fan again.

When do you think we’ll hear another new song / get a new single?

Think they’re only doing 2 or is this the start of the flood?

I would say Hard School is happening in the next few shows and hopefully an announcement, then a proper single. That's my hope.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
James wrote:

GNR release new single.

*5 Hours Later*

Wagszilla wrote:

When do you think we’ll hear another new song / get a new single?

Think they’re only doing 2 or is this the start of the flood?

This reminds me of when the leaks were happening...we could never get enough.

To answer the question....

I wouldn't expect anything else for another month or so. Having said that.... Hardschool is on the setlist....so that means it could happen at any time.

I'm predicting three singles...and the album launches with the third.

That seems to be the normal pattern so hopefully album drops towards the end of the year.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I said I wouldn’t go to another gig without new music.

I’m looking at tickets again. Album announcement would be a clincher.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:
James wrote:

To answer the question....

I wouldn't expect anything else for another month or so. Having said that.... Hardschool is on the setlist....so that means it could happen at any time.

I'm predicting three singles...and the album launches with the third.

lol

Fair point. I think the one a month thing is a safe bet.

On the other hand they have sound checked Hard School two dates in a row…

Exciting times. How the turn tables.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Remember in the early 2000s some parts of the fanbase used to look at how many Tuesday's were left in the year and try to determine when the latest that CD could be announced to be released?  For some reason, I just thought of that as a potential album announcement is upcoming.

I don't think they should release Hardschool too quickly.  Ride the wave of the Absurd release first.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

It would be good to let Absurd get a press cycle.

But if they do 1 song a month, the album releases as the tour ends which would be strange if it releases in November.

Or they give us 3 songs and then don’t release the album until 2022. sad

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

It could play out several ways.

Are they doing any videos? Some bands now do videos for all their songs.

Unlikely here of course...but possible.

Is it a full fledged album....an EP....a compilation with bonus tracks...or a box set with some sort of bonus disc?

We don't truly know what we're dealing with here....it's a (safe?) assumption that the second half of Chinese is on tap...but if not...even more scenarios pop up and alter any timeline.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:

I think the surprise release is great news! The song choice is highly 'absurd' though. While I'm happy Axl hasn't let go of his vision of the rest of the CD sessions, they would have had "safer" choices in order to create a positive buzz. Oklahoma, Quick Song, D-Tune, well even Hard School. Maybe they chose 'Absurd' because it's the one song where Axl knows he can sing properly live? It wouldn't look good if they put out a new song and Axl can't sing it.

With it being an alternate in the set, just as Hard School, maybe it however also was unplanned and actually happened by chance. Literally a cointoss between the two. Maybe they decided to put out the mp3 only after they noticed that the press were picking up on them playing a new song. That might also explain the sloppy artwork for the single, if it was put together in a hurry.

It's interesting that they haven't changed the song that much from the last leak. It's basically the same just better guitars than what BBF had to offer. Personally I still prefer the 01 version with the other intro and the longer bridge, but it's fine.

What it also shows us that literally nothing is off the table for an album. big_smile

Just imagine...
01.P.R.L (w/o Thyme)
02.Absurd
03.Dub Suplex
04.RealDoll.com
05. Dummy
06.Hard School
07.Eye On You
08.Oh My God
09. Going Down
10.Prom Violence

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:

I was a bit 'meh' about the Boston version, but the actual single, I love it. The guitars are great, and it's an F-U punk rocker which seems perfect for the first single back. I'm kinda excited about what comes next.

Board footer