You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: GNR Release 'Absurd' Single

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

They went with the "surprise release" angle. Maybe that's good. If they had hyped it, it could have backfired.

That said, they could have prepared a little better. On Spotify, for example, it's not even on any of the new music playlists that every user sees on their homepage.

Yeah that's a mistake. You definitely want everyone knowing that this is happening.

But as a teaser....it's serving its purpose.

James

James wrote:

I don't use these streaming sites often. Back when I did a few years ago, I used Rhapsody through my phone. I stopped when I realized that all I was doing was listening to music I already own.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

It's under new releases on Amazon music.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

I expect it will be on my "Release Radar" playlist next week on Spotify too. In fact it will end up on a lot of people's that way.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think we're talking past each other. Yeah, they put this on the platforms. This wasn't released with any promotion or anything saying this is their first lead single of a new album, which is what I was saying. If they announce a new album today, then yeah, it'll be an odd choice. As far as I see it they're using it to make some noise about the tour.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
misterID wrote:

I think we're talking past each other. Yeah, they put this on the platforms. This wasn't released with any promotion or anything saying this is their first lead single of a new album, which is what I was saying. If they announce a new album today, then yeah, it'll be an odd choice. As far as I see it they're using it to make some noise about the tour.

Kinda my thinking too. I see this and hardschool as two digital singles for the tour.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Oh, we're on the same page. Right now with everything we know that seems to be the likeliest outcome. I hope for more, but every chance an album is a 2022 thing.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I really, really, really hope this is the start of the promotion leading up to an album announcement. I'll be majorly bummed if it was released for the tour or just shits and giggles.

I want to believe this is the beginning rumblings of something big. They've gotten everyone's attention with a big WTF? move. Please don't blow this. Hard School is a very good single to launch an album.

James

James wrote:

It really shows what a difference the big 3 being together makes.

Had this song been released in 2001-02 to coincide with a tour, they would have been crucified by everyone.... including hardcore nutswingers.

Even from those hating it now, they're getting the benefit of the doubt.

We're in for a dime....in for a dollar.

Edit

Imagine this coming out a few hours after the VMA performance.....

Board footer