You are not logged in. Please register or login.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

Re: GNR Release 'Absurd' Single

exoterica wrote:

Here’s a noodle baker.

The new album IS Chinese Democracy.

But this time it’s a double LP like UYI with the correct artwork, current band re-recording the 2008 version, etc.

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

Here’s a noodle baker.

But this time it’s a double LP like UYI with the correct artwork, current band re-recording the 2008 version, etc.

That would actually be amazing

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

Here’s a noodle baker.

I wouldn't be opposed.

Having said that....ditch the album title.

It'll sink the whole thing.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I would love that.

But I wonder about it....I'm torn cos like on one hand Axl isn't afraid of revisiting old stuff (don't cry, shadow of your love, you're crazy) on later albums....on the other hand it always seems Axl wants to legitimise the Chinese Era as GNR and would never do stuff to suggest it wasn't.

Aside from the obvious stuff, like touring as GNR for years...

Think of how he bailed from RRHOF when it seemed the hall wouldn't treat the modern line up as on par with the classic guys.

Think of how he was going to let DJ stay in the band even when Slash came back.

Think of how he has Slash and Duff playing CD songs right beside AFD and UYI numbers.

Then again he always was [unhappy with the original release.....maybe this is the chance to fix everything once and for all. IMy personal hope is its some kind of  double album that has all the songs we heard in leak form - like State of Grace etc - and also gives us slash/duff version of the chinese hits like Better and TWAT etc.

exoterica

exoterica wrote:
James wrote:

I wouldn't be opposed.

Having said that....ditch the album title.

It'll sink the whole thing.

I see your point both because of baggage and politics but it'd be a total Axl move.

He always felt the album didn't get the shine it deserved.

And in my dream world, CD gets re-released after a talented producer/composer gets their hands on it to work on some of the arrangements.

I just don't want a lame, uninspired self-titled thing. I want a properly titled album with artwork, not tour pictures.

exoterica

exoterica wrote:

I updated my ABSURD single cover.

Higher quality assets. Smoothing out rough edges.

GNR-Absurd_Wagszilla.jpg

PotatoSalad
 Rep: 0 

PotatoSalad wrote:

I'm really interested in hearing this as I'd love to give my thoughts.

People may disagree, but provided we're getting a new album I think they should call it Use Your Illusion 3.  I'm not the first one to say that and it probably makes people cringe, but hear me out.  Axl is 59 years old and it's no secret it takes him forever to release new music.  His voice isn't in the best of shape judging from the tours.  Give us a double if not triple album to make up a Use Your Illusion 3, because unlike The Rolling Stones we're probably not going to be getting that much more stuff.  Have what is likely to be the last GNR album at Axl's age and in his condition be a big release.

I really do want to hear it and see how it compares.  For a while we were like people dying in the desert from lack of water....err....new GNR music.  But now it seems we have something.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I've always thought songs like TWAT and Catcher would have been at home on UYI if they'd had slash and slightly more retro production...so like I wouldn't rule out them doing something like a UYI3...

PotatoSalad
 Rep: 0 

PotatoSalad wrote:

I think Street Of Dreams and Prostitute could have fit too.  Stuff like Shackler's Revenge may have been different, but I don't think Chinese Democracy as a whole was a different genre like some say.  Just strip it down a little and it's not too far off.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

Here’s a noodle baker.

I wouldn't mind this...to an extent. There are two aspects of the original Chinese sessions that are untouchable in my book. Buckethead's TWAT solo and Brian May's Catcher solo. I love Slash, but I don't think he would be able to match or beat those 2 solos. Everything else on the album is up for grabs though.

Board footer