You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: GNR Should Do A Rolling Stones cover....

I've been saying this for ages, but: Gimme Shelter, with Melissa up front doing the Merry Clayton vocal. There was a really neat video of Slash doing a cover of it with Ghost Hounds on YouTube, but the fucker who uploaded it has set it to private (don't suppose anyone downloaded it?). And Fortus would be really cool on the spacey intro.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

I've been saying this for ages, but: Gimme Shelter, with Melissa up front doing the Merry Clayton vocal. There was a really neat video of Slash doing a cover of it with Ghost Hounds on YouTube, but the fucker who uploaded it has set it to private (don't suppose anyone downloaded it?). And Fortus would be really cool on the spacey intro.

I gotcha my brother

Slash is so badass on this shit.

elevendayempire

Smoking Guns wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

I gotcha my brother

Thanks! The video I'd seen was shot from up in the balcony, but this one is just as good. Aside from having been shot on a potato…

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

I gotcha my brother

Thanks! The video I'd seen was shot from up in the balcony, but this one is just as good. Aside from having been shot on a potato…

Yes, the one from the balcony was superior quality. I spent a long time searching for it last night.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Sympathy for the Devil with Fortus playing the solo instead of Slash. Axl's final victory.

elevendayempire

Smoking Guns wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I gotcha my brother

Yes, the one from the balcony was superior quality. I spent a long time searching for it last night.

I wish I'd thought to grab it; no idea why the person who uploaded it decided to suddenly set it to private. Oh well, at least we have this record of it.

elevendayempire

It occurs to me that a problem with the current setup they have is they can't decide to do an impromptu cover or jam, because of all the video walls and pyro and whatnot. AFAIK they don't really have a "generic" video wall display that they can just use for a cover they've decided to do on the night.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Sympathy for the Devil with Fortus playing the solo instead of Slash. Axl's final victory.

This is why they shouldn't do it.

It goes full circle back to what started the breakup.... although releasing Silkworms sorta did the same thing.

IF they do it, no need for Fortus to be doing any solos.

All he deserves is a token amount.

It occurs to me that a problem with the current setup they have is they can't decide to do an impromptu cover or jam, because of all the video walls and pyro and whatnot. AFAIK they don't really have a "generic" video wall display that they can just use for a cover they've decided to do on the night.

Good point but how long can it take to get something on the launch pad?

I don't remember how long it took them to perform Black Hole Sun.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

I thought ‘anybody seen my baby?’ Was a strong effort by Mick and Keith.

So…I imagine Jumpin Jack Flash or Dead Flowers.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
James wrote:
Axl S wrote:

This is why they shouldn't do it.

It goes full circle back to what started the breakup.... although releasing Silkworms sorta did the same thing.

IF they do it, no need for Fortus to be doing any solos.

All he deserves is a token amount.

I was joking James, would be funny though if they did it 16

Board footer