You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Most Tragic Celebrity Death?

metallex78 wrote:

Speaking of Buddy Holly, what about Richie Valens and the Big Bopper? All three were pretty big pop artists just starting out, before that tragic plane ride that ended it for them all. That La Bamba movie still gets me quite sad at the end when Richie’s mother hears the news on the radio…

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

I was going to go with Hendrix but I think Flagg's one of Morrison is better.

If we are going NBA isn't it always going to be Len Bias?  Guy was supposed to help or be the next star for the Celtics after the big 3 got old.  Didn't happen and Reggie Lewis died early too and basically the Celtics went the drain fast.

Yeah Bias would be number two.

If Bias doesn't go on a cocaine binge to celebrate the draft, everything starts lining up for a new Celtics dynasty. A few years later, if  Lewis  can also stay away from cocaine,  he becomes his Scottie Pippen.

Crazy.

Imagine the Bulls-Celtics rivalry as we head into the 90s.

As Nancy Reagan would say, Just Say No!

metallex78 wrote:

Speaking of Buddy Holly, what about Richie Valens and the Big Bopper? All three were pretty big pop artists just starting out, before that tragic plane ride that ended it for them all. That La Bamba movie still gets me quite sad at the end when Richie’s mother hears the news on the radio…

While Buddy's loss has always got most of the attention and it definitely changed the course of history, Valens was probably just as big of a loss.... maybe bigger.

Excluding La Bamba, he wrote those songs and he was just a kid! This isn't a situation like today where people pretend the Swift's and Beibers are writing their own songs while surrounded by songwriters.

Valens walked the walk.

His whole career was like a year and a half.

Bat shit crazy.

Big Bopper probably destined to be a one Hit wonder.

Yep Jim Morrison another big one. A lot of people think he was washed up but I think he just needed a break.

If going down the losses in Laurel Canyon, add Sharon Tate to the list.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I just thought of another big one....

Stevie Ray Vaughn

He was just starting to get noticed on pop cultures radar. He had also just stopped using drugs and was ready to take on the world.

Sad.

Board footer