You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Will GNR release new music in 2021?

Sky Dog wrote:

There are 15-20 songs in those 4 discs that could have made a cool Axl concept album  if he had the ability to pull it all together like Waters did with The Wall.

Axl should have taken his 10 best tracks from that pile of mess and do like Townshend did with the Lifehouse Project. He turned his mess into Who’s Next! Axl turned his mess into…a mess! A mess with one of the worst album covers in the history of rock and roll.

Will Guns n’ Roses release new music in 2021?

Yes, Q1 0%
Yes, Q2 3%
Yes, Q3 20%
Yes, Q4 9%
No. I can’t do this shit anymore. 69%
Total votes: 35
James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

A mess with one of the worst album covers in the history of rock and roll.

Yeah it's bad.

Those old fan made album covers of the bike scene were better than the real cover.

Axl should have taken his 10 best tracks from that pile of mess and do like Townshend did with the Lifehouse Project

Yeah...and don't overthink it.

Chinese Democracy
Catcher in the Rye
Madagascar
Oklahoma
Soul Monster
Better
If the World
Sorry
IRS
There Was A Time

Release it...move on.... call Slash....

And it's 2002!

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

The only coherent idea/concept is the 2000 Intentions type album.

"I'm sad at my girlfriend. I'm mad at my old band"

A fun mid-tempo, easy listening vaguely electronic and alternative mainstream rock album.

Axl would look mature scaling back the epics and delivering a cool 10-song rock record.

Madagascar
There Was A Time
IRS
If The World
The Blues
Catcher
Atlas
Hard School
Better
Prostitute

exoterica

exoterica wrote:

He was so worried about grunge and industrial he failed to just be in the moment and dig the swirl of 70s inspired 90s pop.

I mean, I'll defend a lot of "CD" to the bitter end but his exploration of electronica, grunge, and industrial was an EMBARRASSING AND UNMITIGATED FAILURE.

I mean... HE HAD A POP PUNK BAND AND COULD HAVE MADE A PUNK POP RECORD.

Sky Dog wrote:

No doubt…Stinson Freese and Finck….knock knock McFly???

Sky Dog wrote:

I would just go with Rough Mixes CD #1 with this track list and IRS in the place of Silkworms.

Chinese Democracy
The Blues
I.R.S.
Catcher
T.W.A.T.
Rhiad
Atlas Shrugged
Madagascar
Perhaps
Prostitute
axl

Cerulean wind
 Rep: -6 

- It's december 1999.

- Hire Finck, Freese and Beaven again.

- Hire Buckethead and Paul Buckmaster.

- It's January 2001.

- Release "2000 Intentions":

1 - "Chinese Democracy"
2 - "Madagascar"
3 - "There Was A Time"
4 - "Atlas Shrugged"
5 - "Perhaps"
6 - "Riad N' The Bedouins"
7 - "If The World"
8 - "I.R.S."
9 - "Catcher In The Rye"
10 - "The Blues"
11 - "Prostitute"
12 - "Silkworms"

- Play at RIR.

- Hire Slash and Duff. Stinson can play acoustic guitar or something like that.

- It's july 2001. Just play again.

exoterica

exoterica wrote:

IMO, Slash only profits the operation by being a figurehead / poster-boy to sell the record.

It's an Axl solo / side project through and through.

I'd be interested in the alternate universe where Duff, Slash, and Izzy were there to make this record but I doubt half of the stuff would happen. Not because they didn't want to do it but because they'd never think to play something that unique and untraditional.

So far their big brain ideas to improve the CD songs have been to add another intro to Better using a pre-existing section. Brilliant. Gold star.

exoterica

exoterica wrote:

It’d be funny if they released CD I & II and called it UYI III & IV.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

IMO, Slash only profits the operation by being a figurehead / poster-boy to sell the record.

It's an Axl solo / side project through and through.

I'd be interested in the alternate universe where Duff, Slash, and Izzy were there to make this record but I doubt half of the stuff would happen. Not because they didn't want to do it but because they'd never think to play something that unique and untraditional.

So far their big brain ideas to improve the CD songs have been to add another intro to Better using a pre-existing section. Brilliant. Gold star.

If they could go back to 1996-97, I bet they just bite their tongues, work on the grunge/industrial shit Axl wants to experiment with, he gets it out of his system in 30 days, they start working on more material, and it all winds up on the new album.

Tour that for a cycle, Paul Huge bails because he hates touring, then the slate is clean as we enter 1999.

Board footer