You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: GN'R 2021 Tour Thread

Aussie wrote:

Nothing for UYI anniversary. 

This band really is fucken useless.  I look at shit other bands deliver their fans like the recent Black Album stuff Metallica released.  We get fuck all!!!  The best was a hideously overpriced boxset for AFD that didn't even tie in with an anniversary or anything, with most of the content of it already out there anyhow in one form or another.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The funny thing is that Hard Skool is pretty certain to be released soon. I think I'm just immune to disappointment from this band. And to be honest, I hope it's debuted as a single and not live.

Fwiw, you're not "entitled" just for feeling disappointed. This band is hard to be a fan of.

Sky Dog wrote:

I look at it this way. All great great bands generally have about a 4 year period, their prime, that they will NEVER be able to return to……Stones 1968 to 1972, etc.

I have accepted that Guns is 1987 to 1991. Somebody in one of these threads said Hard Skool will be like YCBM. LOL!

Just accept it and be happy they still put on a kick ass show when you catch them on a good night.

axl21

Ps the good news is that they somehow had time for Wichita Lineman! Let’s take Madagascar out and put in a Glen Campbell song! 2

Pss I am also with ID, I want to get the Hard Skool release on Apple Music before they perform it live.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Wholesome.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Haters Gonna Hate wrote:

full rehearsal today without axl https://streamable.com/373ujh

Is it just me, or does the middle bit of Slash's solo sound very much like a mashup of this bit from Velvet Revolver's American Man:

https://youtu.be/5ACpeJ9pYdA?t=173

and the slide guitar parts from Spay?

https://youtu.be/U6_2hn6m-zA

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

I’m tapping out guys.

I’ve spent enough of my life on this joke of a band. The cockteasing, empty promises, no follow through has finally reached critical mass after a decade plus. I can’t do it anymore. Life is too short. There’s more music and joy elsewhere.

If you need me, I’m a google and an email away.

We're too close to the finish line to give up now.

I understand the feeling though.

One silver lining is that it's not worse than the Ashba years. That was a genuine nightmare. It was obvious nothing was happening in that era.

The Soundgarden reunion saved me during that period.

As others have said,. the band...and more specifically their management.....make it almost impossible to be a fan. It's like they do everything in their power to suck any potential joy out of the situation.

I'm so grateful that the few other major bands I'm a huge fan of (Floyd, Fleetwood Mac, Soundgarden, Stones) were never run like this.

Haters Gonna Hate
 Rep: 1 

Axl says he was sick last night 2021_023.jpg

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Yep, and now I feel like a bit of a dick for giving a hard time about no Hardschool being in played.

But this surely is a first, Axl publicly apologising for his performance…?

Us longtime fans aren’t used to him being so sincere with us… 10 16

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

This literally s they only forum I visit anymore, let alone a GNR board, but having by the outrage here it must've been pretty ugly out there. There was quite a lot of build up to that show.

And food poisoning sucks. Hats off to him for pushing through it.

Haters Gonna Hate
 Rep: 1 

Axl called Absurd new again tonight

Board footer