You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Hardschool single coming September 24th.

faldor wrote:

Can someone lead me down the right path to Hard School? So it’ll be officially released tomorrow?

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Fucking love it. I kinda miss the spacey intro from the leak, but as a song this is a belter and exactly what Absurd should've been. Axl's vocals seem a wee bit low in the mix though.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Shit, I don't even remember what the leak sounds like, so it'll be fresh to me. I'll wait until 11 p.m. tonight. I can deal. Will be a nice way to end the night after watching TNF.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Looking forward to it.

I hope this is a massive hit for GNR and it will give them confidence to press ahead with an album.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Hahaha, I love the artwork with the Cool S and all.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cool_S

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Why does this shit happen when I'm not home.

Anyways... just listened once on my phone....

Great Duff intro. Let's you know the boys are back.

20 year old vocal take. Funny, lazy, but the only way we were ever getting anything so I'll take it.

The school bell a tad cheesy but there's always been a bit of cheese to GNR.

Definitely not listening to the demo anymore although I rarely listened as I'm not a big fan of this song.

It's better than Absurd that's for sure.... although it's not worthy of being a comeback single. It's far from being their "Been Away Too Long' although I don't think they have that in them. It's reheated Peking Duck from here on out.

There's parts of Eye On You in this? I missed that. Can't wait to hear it at home.

On a scale of 1-10 I'll give it a 6.... might go up a notch after repeated listens.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

I really like this new version.  It sounds modernish and rocks.  The leak was a bit more mellow.  They definitely should have went with this over absurd.  Don’t care for the bell but it’s like minor.

James

James wrote:

The cover for anyone who hasn't seen it yet...

otIVH8O.jpg

Sky Dog wrote:

I know I am going to sound like a bitch but I expected a lot more from Axl Slash and Duff. I can’t believe that they have only released 3 outtakes since they have gotten back together….yes OUTTAKES!!!!

The production on these two is awful. 4

James

James wrote:
Axl S wrote:

there are parts of the Eye on You vocals spliced in at points. Hopefully it grows on me.

Ok I think I heard this just now.

That is funny.

I knew that song was cutting room floor material. I'm actually surprised it was still gathering cobwebs in the vault to the point somebody dusted it off...needed some aaay, aaay, aaays I guess and wasn't willing to record new ones....so they grabbed Eye On You and spliced it into the song.

FlashFlood wrote:

It bangs. It slaps. Whatever the kids say. With this one in particular you could tell it was a new recording (save for Axl). Doesn’t suffer from layers for layers sake.

It definitely has a better mix than Absurd or Chinese Democracy. The inclusion of Slash, Duff, Fortis(?), and Frank(?) isn't as jarring as previous songs.

I assume someone else helped in this department.

Board footer