You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Hardschool single coming September 24th.

Sky Dog wrote:

The drums stink on this version…demo drums much better

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

I know I am going to sound like a bitch but I expected a lot more from Axl Slash and Duff. I can’t believe that they have only released 3 outtakes since they have gotten back together….yes OUTTAKES!!!!

The production on these two is awful. 4

I think the production is a lot better than before... although I'm listening on my phone.

Yes the lack of material is certainly a disappointment. These guys definitely aren't like Soundgarden where at this point in their reunion we had a compilation with a new song, a live album, a soundtrack song, a new album, two box sets, and a deluxe remaster of an album.

It's a different dynamic. I think too much time passed to the point there's no getting the muse back. I think if an album is coming, it's to help sell the next round of touring and as a bookend to the discography.

We're lucky to be getting anything. It could've just as easily been nothing but touring and occasional box set/anniversary releases.

I've said it before... we're damn lucky CD II wasn't released years ago. It allows the possibility of a release now.

Listening again. You guys are right...these drums are a tad low in the mix.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

What I find is laughable is the marketing behind this...
There's no anticipation, no momentum building, nothing...
They could've released small bits, especially the different parts compared to the demo, and get the fanbase and general audiences excited, creating some buzz.
Instead, it's just a silent release with nothing exciting to it.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

So do we give any credence to this?

https://metalinjection.net/upcoming-rel … his-friday

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I like the intro, the breakdown,  and the shredding better on the demo, but this is still good. I'll be listening to it all day

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

First listen I'm a little disappointed in Slash. The intro from 5-15 is a great addition but the solo and the bridge thing does not impress me. A little meh to be honest.

Obviously the vocals are old but it is rare to hear Axl use this voice in the last 20 years. For once I'd say he is the strongest element on this track.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I'm liking what Duff's done with the bass line. Absolutely pounding it.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

First listen I'm a little disappointed in Slash. The intro from 5-15 is a great addition but the solo and the bridge thing does not impress me. A little meh to be honest.

Obviously the vocals are old but it is rare to hear Axl use this voice in the last 20 years. For once I'd say he is the strongest element on this track.

He was always the strongest element on the demo version. Makes sense that it’s still the case with the official version.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

It would be just like them if their only all-new recordings were covers.

Maybe live versions, but I can't believe they've recorded four covers in 2020 or 2021.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
otto wrote:

What I find is laughable is the marketing behind this...
There's no anticipation, no momentum building, nothing...
They could've released small bits, especially the different parts compared to the demo, and get the fanbase and general audiences excited, creating some buzz.
Instead, it's just a silent release with nothing exciting to it.

That's how it was with new GNR and Chinese Democracy.

It's not really a surprise... it's par for the course.

Other than that teaser in the theaters for Star Wars to kick things off, they've done basically zero promotion for anything. Hell...Slash and Duff barely mention GNR in interviews and the other band members are barely a blip.

I've wondered if all three agreed early on to keep quiet so they don't risk rocking the boat filled with cash.

The reunion is their retirement money. They will never make more money on anything else.

It is a bummer that no genuine excitement surrounds the band or their new material. It's bittersweet.

With proper promotion, it could've been a spectacle like when U2 would release a huge single/album.

It's obvious that the band isn't interested in turning it into something on that level. It's why I'm not going to worry about sales or chart positions....they clearly aren't worried about it.

Board footer