You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Hardschool single coming September 24th.

Smoking Guns wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Van Halen did this and it was lukewarm at best.

I thought Different Kind of Truth was absolutely fantastic, and a great album to close out their career with.

It may have had old riff and song ideas used, but they re-recorded them all into brand new songs.

I don’t think it’s comparable to the Frankenstein of CD leftovers with Slash and Duff added on top that we seem to be getting.

As for Hardschool, having listened to it a dozen times now, the sheen is wearing off. And while I like it a whole lot more than Absurd, it still sounds demo-ish. I don’t know if it’s the mix or being brickwalled that gives it a processed sound.

Like, if you play something from UYI, then play this after, it doesn’t sound organic.

I guess I should be happy though…

Oh the struggle of being a GN’R fan!

Not a huge fan of ADKOT, was average songs, no wonder they were not on an early album. Stay Frosty? Please. Ice Cream Man part two.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The cover...while a tad generic... doesn't really bother me. We're long past the point of worrying about album covers. 16

Besides, in today's musical climate... single/album covers are irrelevant. Most fans don't even look. It's a tiny square in the music player of your choice.

Heard it a few more times on the way home and now listening on my stereo.

I like it more than the previous version. It serves its purpose.... whatever that may be. 16

Sky Dog wrote:

This is getting funnier by the second. They have half assed handed us reworked cover songs that other people wrote! Seriously. I can’t believe this board would accept this shit. I honestly can’t. I have no hope for this. Tough to admit, but I don’t.

All we were ever getting was CD II...and we've known that for years. These guys do not have a King Animal in them  it was either The Dance(live album), Hell Freezes Over (live album + new songs), or A Different Kind of Truth(vault songs reworked).

If the EP thing has a hint of truth, looks like we're getting their Diver Down. 16

Didn't you always want to hear the second half of Chinese before it's all over?

This is how it comes out. Without Slash and Duff back, none of this was ever coming out.

I'm just glad something is finally happening. It's four years overdue. I said if they would release something I'd support them 100%.

It's time....

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:

Anyone else listening on a decent rig, hear the eye on you "ayes" during the solo/bridge?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
harmon420 wrote:

Anyone else listening on a decent rig, hear the eye on you "ayes" during the solo/bridge?

Yeah, I noticed that. Strange inclusion. Maybe they scrapped that song or made some wholesale changes. Or they said, F it, we’ll put this part in multiple songs.

James

James wrote:
harmon420 wrote:

Yes.

Blew my mind.

Instead of going into the studio to add vocals, they dug through the vault to splice that into the track.

Any songs from the Chinese vault that never got finished vocally will never be finished IMO. They'll either continue gathering cobwebs or will be poached of various vocal lines or music.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Purchased & downloaded my Lossless copy from 7Digital. On the first listen, I think I prefer the demo. The guitar melody in the demo seems catchier than the new version. But the song still kicks ass.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I’m not sure what we’re expecting at this point. It sounds pretty damn good to me. More classic sounding than the Absurd turd. Casuals could embrace this.

If they actually put an ounce of effort into it, it could be a rock radio hit.

James

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I’m not sure what we’re expecting at this point. It sounds pretty damn good to me. More classic sounding than the Absurd turd. Casuals could embrace this.

They definitely have a hit on their hands if they push it. It's essentially a classic GNR song... it's what people expect when someone says new GNR song.

When touring ends, they should hit the late night show circuit on both sides of the pond and push this to the moon.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

They definitely have a hit on their hands if they push it. It's essentially a classic GNR song... it's what people expect when someone says new GNR song.

When touring ends, they should hit the late night show circuit on both sides of the pond and push this to the moon.

But Axl would have to lipsynch it. I doubt he can pull it off these days.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Love the new song. Been waiting years to hear what came after "all in good faith" like the rest of ya. Didn't mind Absurd though. I wish us Chinese Democracy deep divers, a very pleasant evening. 16 Cheers! 5

Board footer