You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: GN'R 2021 Tour Thread

James wrote:
Haters Gonna Hate wrote:

I don't understand how they don't even mention it like wtf the song is coming out in most of the world rn and coming first to the usa in 40 mins l

He just gave us a taste of the rollout of Hard School without giving us a taste....

There will be no promo blitz behind it.

If there was, even if not performing it for whatever reason he would've mentioned it knowing that the press would pick up on it for the articles tomorrow.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
James wrote:
faldor wrote:

So they’re not going to play Hard School tonight? I’d say that’s a little odd but who knows what odd is anymore.

It is strange...yet unprecedented.

On the night a new single launches, the alternate they play is the first single they released instead.

I'd love to know who comes up with their setlists. They are fairly static obviously but I'd still like to know who does it.

With Soundgarden, Cornell and Cameron alternates between the two and would come up with that day's set the night before.

I can't picture Axl and Slash doing that...and obviously Fortus,  Dizzy, Frank, and Melissa have no involvement.

Maybe Duff and Fernando?!?

Yeah, the strangest part is they dusted off Shadow instead. The only reasonable explanation is Axl hasn’t rehearsed HS with the band and/or didn’t feel comfortable playing it live yet? That’s all I can think of. They sound checked it prior to the show and have been doing so. It seems the band is ready to play it. Well, minus one.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

How fucken weird. Drop a new single then don’t say shit about it at the show, or even play it…

But hey, this is GN’R. Business as usual folks, business as usual

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

2021 Axl can’t sing this one. Not a chance.

I’d love to be wrong.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Not even a mention on the official website. Just some Twitter and Instagram posts where literally all the say is "Hardskool is f'n here". And that's it. That's all the info that is released.

Bizarre. If they do and say nothing over the next week, if there are no more dates this year and there is no bigger release to promote this side of Christmas... wtf are they doing? Like I'm glad they released it but from the point of view of maximising impact, publicity and any sort of return it's a total waste.

We'll see but I think this it for a while and radio silence from this band will continue.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
James wrote:

There will be no promo blitz behind it.

Singles don't really get promo blitz, they're part of promoting something else. This tour is basically done... if they don't say anything what the fuck is this promoting?

faldor

faldor wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I’d love to be wrong.

I think he could sing it as well as some of the songs they routinely perform live (Better). But Absurd is easier for him to pull off I guess, so maybe that’s the reason they went with that song first. I’ll give them another shot to play it at the next show now that the song is actually released. If they don’t, we’ve seen this movie before. Going forward in reverse.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
faldor wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I’d love to be wrong.

I think he could sing it as well as some of the songs they routinely perform live (Better). But Absurd is easier for him to pull off I guess, so maybe that’s the reason they went with that song first. I’ll give them another shot to play it at the next show now that the song is actually released. If they don’t, we’ve seen this movie before. Going forward in reverse.

They don't play TWAT anymore, right? This song has a similar structure in that there's no room for Axl to breathe during the verses. I don't see him doing it well. I guess he could, but I imagine we'd be ripping him apart.

faldor

faldor wrote:

Yeah, they haven’t played TWAT since 2017. I see what you’re saying with the pace of the song vocally. Wouldn’t be easy, but you’d think he has to try it now. Otherwise, what’s the point?

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I kinda doubt they would release a single which Axl can't sing. It probably won't be great, but I'd be very surprised if they didn't play it.

Board footer