You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: Hardschool single coming September 24th.

BLS-Pride wrote:

My radio station played it around noon. Hopefully I'll catch it next time

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Eddie Trunk is freakin' unlistenable. He just rambles. Toots his own horn constantly. 18 minutes into this program and he's basically talked about his schedule and social media efforts.

He did a bit about GNR but isn't playing it until the end of his show, of course.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Eddie Trunk is freakin' unlistenable. He just rambles. Toots his own horn constantly. 18 minutes into this program and he's basically talked about his schedule and social media efforts.

He did a bit about GNR but isn't playing it until the end of his show, of course.

Yeah, hopefully some callers lead him down the path to talk GNR. He mentioned the version he’s going to play is only 3 minutes long. Can’t believe they had to cut 41 seconds. He also seemed to believe there was no new album coming out, or at least not with all “new” songs. Doesn’t sound like he has any inside info, even though I agree that most if not all of whatever we hear will be CD outtakes.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Pretty bizarre that they cut it down to 3 minutes for radio. It was already a short song.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I can't stand Trunk....never could.

I think this is the first time ever that such a short song has a radio edit where it's not profanity being removed.

They make such strange decisions.

James

James wrote:

I went to check it out on YouTube....

27k likes
439 dislikes

That's damn good. It's clearly going over well... better than Absurd that's for sure.

In 14 hours it has 264k views.

Not bad of course...but you'd think a major act would have more. It got more than Absurd at this point in time....and Absurd now sits at 2 million.

We'll have to wait and see how this song plays out.

It needed a real video.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:
James wrote:

I went to check it out on YouTube....

27k likes
439 dislikes

That's damn good. It's clearly going over well... better than Absurd that's for sure.

In 14 hours it has 264k views.

Not bad of course...but you'd think a major act would have more. It got more than Absurd at this point in time....and Absurd now sits at 2 million.

We'll have to wait and see how this song plays out.

It needed a real video.

You Know what‘s missing?   

It‘s communication!  GNR is constantly touring for 5 years and now they released two Singles, but it doesn‘t even feel real, because They never say one goddamn word about anything. It‘s like they‘re back but they‘re Not really back, because outside of touring they don‘t exist for a wider Public.

By the way this song Rocks! It‘s fun to listen to it in combination with absurd. Like those songs or Not, but you can‘t deny Slash and Duffs integral Importance to GNR‘s Sound. I‘m a huge fan of newgnr, but calling it gnr without those guys was probably the biggest mistake Axl Made...

James

James wrote:

Yep...this feels like a GNR song. You could put Hardschool in place of Right Next Door to Hell on UYI and it wouldn't feel out of place.

I prefer this version over the Village Sessions leak...but with Absurd it's the exact opposite.

Yeah they really need to be promoting this. It could really connect with a large audience if they'd put in the effort.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

The chorus is such a great sell for Axl Rose. He sounds completely mean and badass.

If they release a third single I could see Oklahoma. That song is made for Slash. Just knock it out of the park with anticipation using one of the best songs in the vault.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Seems to be a hit among causals:

hs1.png

hs2.png

hs3.png

Board footer