You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: Hardschool single coming September 24th.

polluxlm wrote:

Just the fact they are releasing it on cassette is way cool.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:

This cut N' paste production job is even more embarrassing than Chi Dem..  Seriously... a fan like IMSORRY could have done a better job.

And as stated earlier.. Laugh out loud bad artwork.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

So let me get this right… Fernandon’t was quick to shoot down the rumour of the other EP track list, only for them to announce this days later?

Shit, this band is a fucking joke!

It’ll be interesting to see the difference in Slash promoting the new Conspirators album next month, compared to radio silence from GN’R.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Axl runs the ship and ultimately he is responsible for much of what goes wrong in the band. The lack of talk however is down to Slash and Duff. They can't do an interview and talk about the songs? They fear Axl is going to fire them and wreck his own tour if they say something "wrong"? Not likely.

0da65-diehard_121pyxurz.jpg

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I totally forgot until now that I downloaded the radio edit yesterday.

Just listened to it once and I think Axl S is right...it is a slightly different mix. I'll have to listen more and compare.

Also surprised it's not a B side.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

The more I listen to it, the more I am digging Slash's solo in the middle of the song. Duff's bass at the beginning is good stuff too. I'm glad both the 2000 and 2021 versions exist. They are pretty different in terms of the instruments, but they both kick ass in their own way.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

The more I listen to it, the more I am digging Slash's solo in the middle of the song. Duff's bass at the beginning is good stuff too. I'm glad both the 2000 and 2021 versions exist. They are pretty different in terms of the instruments, but they both kick ass in their own way.

I like it more than the old school version. It just works somehow...and it's a miracle it wasn't turned into an abomination like the BBF Silkworms.

A bit more care went into it this time.

Just listened to old school now. It's crazy this is even happening. Imagine being told in 2006 that during the reunion in 2021, the two singles would be Silkworms and Checkmate.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
James wrote:

Just listened to old school now. It's crazy this is even happening. Imagine being told in 2006 that during the reunion in 2021, the two singles would be Silkworms and Checkmate.

No shit. 16

I'm just glad we finally got the full version of Checkmate after that 10 second clip leaked 15 years ago. And now we have two pretty cool/different versions of the full song. Never would have believed this would be the case 5 years ago. Slash & Duff being part of it makes the whole thing even more unbelievable. 14

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

IMO a ‘press release’ is about as un rock n’roll as you get. They’re for corporates

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

IMO a ‘press release’ is about as un rock n’roll as you get. They’re for corporates

Literally every musical act - even small ones - do official announcement notes saying what the hell it is they're doing. It's a normal thing.

Board footer