You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Men at Work

James wrote:

I was listening to their greatest hits earlier. It reminded me of how huge they were in 82-83...one of the biggest bands in the world. Two big albums back to back with two monster singles on each one ....

I was intrigued by how I don't remember ever hearing of them again after this, so I looked them up. After those two albums, a couple band members left and the lead guitarist left before they finished their 3rd album.

The 3rd album was a massive bomb.

They broke up....and the only thing they did after that was a live album in the late 90s.

Two members reunited briefly over the years but they never did another album again.

This blows my mind. How can you just walk away and end it three years after those monster albums? They could've recovered from the dud album.

They didn't even try.

They were a unique band. I would've liked to hear more.

I also like the song Dr. Heckyl and Mr. Jive.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

Re: Men at Work

ClaudeF wrote:

The first two albums are solid all the way through and even "All I Need" from the third record is very catchy. A classic Colin Hay vocal performance. I own all three on CD and need to dig them out. Thanks for the reminder.

It seemed like a real case of a massively talented bar band becoming instantly famous and not knowing how to cope.

Board footer