You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

Re: Pink Floyd - Live at Pompeii

ClaudeF wrote:

Before the Internet, when bootlegs were hard to come by and expensive, I'd sit by my radio when concerts were broadcast. That is how I first heard GNR's Paris gig, and this show from Pink Floyd. Clare Torrey (the female vocalist on Dark Side) sat in with them, as did the then-rising star saxophonist Candy Dulfer. Dave looks really cool here. In his rock star prime and clearly very happy.

A friend and I were just talking about PF earlier today, and how the music captures timeless feelings. I appreciate them more and more as the years wear on.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

It really is timeless material... just about all of it. The early era, late 60s Syd period of the band.... that's really dated.

The rest.....wow.

When listening to Echoes at Pompeii, hard to believe this was recorded in 1972.

If you don't have them, check out the ''Immersion' box sets....

Dark Side of the Moon
Wish You Were Here
The Wall

They're worth it for the demos, alternate takes, and live tracks alone.

It's a travesty that the 1974 tour was not properly documented. We get a small taste of it on the Wish You Were Here immersion set with Raving and Drooling (Sheep) and You've Got To Be Crazy (Dogs). Both songs are works in progress being road tested three years before they'll be finished and released on Animals.

The 74 tour had them promoting Dark Side of the Moon, an assortment of older songs, and performing unheard songs from both upcoming albums Wish You Were Here and Animals.

I can't even imagine experiencing something like that. 11

The show probably cost what, about 5-10 bucks?!?  lol

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

You've Got To Be Crazy

Raving and Drooling

Board footer