You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

Re: Will GNR release new music in 2021?

ClaudeF wrote:

The long "Chinese" intro worked as it was an opening track. And I loved everything about the arrangement of the first "Better" demo.

"Madagscar" is weird but seeing it live in 2002 the weirdness kind of helped make the song such a statement. I remember listening to it so attentively. Every snippet, contrasted against the music, pulled me in, trying to listen to the words and guess the source.

Looking back almost 20 years, that performance stands out among the highlights, and the one that most clearly said this was a new band with a new direction.

Will Guns n’ Roses release new music in 2021?

Yes, Q1 0%
Yes, Q2 3%
Yes, Q3 20%
Yes, Q4 9%
No. I can’t do this shit anymore. 69%
Total votes: 35
jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Absurd has grown on me immensely. I'm all in for it being the album opener (if there is one)...

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Just finally watched Love and Mercy, film based on Brian Wilson's life with the Beach Boys in the 60's through the 90's.
Quite impressive and detailed, wonder what it would be if we ever get something like this regarding Axl's rise and lost years.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

DtM51 wrote:

Intros and excessive length songs plagued CD imo. A good example is Scraped: a good song, could use better lyrics for the chorus but I love the bi polar lyrics everywhere else. But the intro is garbage! I had a buddy listen and he wanted to skip before the song even started because of that intro.. They should of started that song with the intro they used live with Frank on drums, that would rock.

Riad- dumb intro
Chinese- super long intro, should have been a separate track like other bands do
Better- not as bad but imagine the live intro now going right into the song

And they should have cut the long middle part out of Madagascar, I can't stand it!

I do find it kinda hilarious that the biggest change Duff and Slash made to Hard Skool was to chop the intro. "Nope, don't need that, bass straight into the riff, bish bash bosh."

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I never listened to the demo much, but listening to it now it baffles me why anyone would think it was better. Guitar work may be "better" but it feels boring and aimless. S&D introduced some much needed pop and immediacy.

Sky Dog wrote:

Both versions are average. I do like the pop Slash brings but bass drum combo of the original is better throughout the whole song than Frank Duff combo. Duff’s intro is a nice it’s so easy/right next door to hell thing but after that the bottom end is weak

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I still can't tell if it's the same Buckethead outro.

Sky Dog wrote:

It sounds exactly like it and would be very hard for those 2 to replicate bucket

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Both versions are average. I do like the pop Slash brings but bass drum combo of the original is better throughout the whole song than Frank Duff combo. Duff’s intro is a nice it’s so easy/right next door to hell thing but after that the bottom end is weak

I was thinking in the vein of RNDTH. One of my favorite GN'R tracks.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

misterID wrote:

I still can't tell if it's the same Buckethead outro.

It's definitely not. Buckethead skips all over the fretboard doing his rollercoaster tapping thing. The outro on the single is a much simpler hammer-on-pull-off run up the fretboard. I think Fortus does some tapping if you watch the live performance but it's still a straight ascending run rather than Bucket's weird atonal scales.

Board footer