You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: SMKC new single out 22nd October

Smoking Guns wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Lastly, it looks like the album is called “4” and The River is Rising opens the album.

Yuck. What a cliche.

Because of Led Zeppelin?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Lastly, it looks like the album is called “4” and The River is Rising opens the album.

Yuck. What a cliche.

No matter how good it is, I won’t be the best “4.” That goes to Foreigner. Zep, of course, with the best “IV”

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

We have a brand new song and we choose to bitch about the album name? Ha!

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Yuck. What a cliche.

Because of Led Zeppelin?

Naming your album after where it comes numerically in your discography is a cliche. Even when worse when bands put “chapter” in front of the number.

Anyway will give the song a listen later. Didn’t have the song to listen to so yes I bitched about the album title.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

It was brought to my attention that at 2:32 mark coming out of the solo, is the Withered Delilah riff, and it totally sounds like it, or at least very similar!

Slash plagiarising himself perhaps…?

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Kinda funny that Slash's new song is in the snazzy new Apple Dolby Atmos format, and the new GN'R tracks aren't.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Because Slash is running the ship with a great team behind him (which I assume is now Gibson), and they’ll want to make sure this new album is presented as best it can be for their investment.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Nah, I'll bitch about the song too. More boring crap with a singer that I just cannot listen to.

Slash is pretty good. I like the riffing especially. But man I just don't like Myles' voice.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Nah, I'll bitch about the song too. More boring crap with a singer that I just cannot listen to.

Slash is pretty good. I like the riffing especially. But man I just don't like Myles' voice.

Fair… you gotta respect the hype and promo and shit Slash does for his fans. The video is cool even if just a performance video

Board footer