You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Blackstar
 Rep: 12 

Re: Slash: GNR has not written any new music, everything completed is CD 2

Blackstar wrote:

From a new Slash interview (Daily Star, today):

And a long-mooted GN’R LP could also be on the way: “There will be more surprises soon.”

2022_023.jpg

Vague, but who knows, maybe they'll drop another re-recorded CD leftover before the tour starts, since the Hard Skool physical releases are shipping earlier than originally scheduled.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:

That would be great. Bring on Perhaps!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Vale wrote:

You misspelled Oklahoma.  lol

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:
James wrote:
Vale wrote:

You misspelled Oklahoma.  lol

You know, now that you mention it, I think you're right. It should be spelled "Soul Monster".

All jokes aside, any of these would be beyond awesome. I'm just afraid that it's gonna be another one of the weaker tracks. Atlas comes to mind.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

I fully expect Atlas/reworked OMG.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I need perhaps and state of grace, but I'll take anything lol

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

I would’ve said no way to OMG being redone, due to Axl saying back when it came out that Duff and Slash weren’t interested in working on the song.

But after we’ve gotten Slash playing Silkworms with Absurd, I’d say anything is on the table now.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

I would’ve said no way to OMG being redone, due to Axl saying back when it came out that Duff and Slash weren’t interested in working on the song.

But after we’ve gotten Slash playing Silkworms with Absurd, I’d say anything is on the table now.

It was also still being soundchecked in 2011, was on the setlist as an alt in 2018 and lyrics for it were flashing on screen during YCBM on this last tour. Definitely seems like it's still kicking around and could come back.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

metallex78 wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Yeah. Of the demo tracks, the ones that just need a spit and polish are Perhaps, Atlas Shrugged, Oh My God and State of Grace (they need some actual lyrics for that shouty bit, mind). They could probably do something with Eye On You, too, it just needs verse lyrics.

And if Axl can work up some lyrics (or already has done) then Quicksong and Oaklahaoma come into play. I also like Zodiac 13, but that one feels a bit on the industrial borderline for Slash to work on (then again, as you said, if he's done Absurd then anything's on the table).

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

The way vocal parts of "Eye On You" were used in "Harschool" makes me think that Axl vocals are hard to come by...yesterday's trash is tomorrow's treasure...look at how Shadow of Your Love went from B side to focus point.

Any of the songs that have a complete vocal take we will hear again in some form I expect.

Board footer