You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: The Wrestling thread

misterID wrote:

Did you watch Dynamite or Dark? They have a B show for development wrestlers not on the main roster. Dynamite and Rampage are two of the best produced shows on TV. Dark is basically filmed dark matches.

misterID

misterID wrote:

There are rumors that Shane McMahon might join AEW. This would be hilarious. I don't know how serious this is, but if you don't know Vince fired Shane a few days ago FOR REAL. There were already tensions as he suggested ideas that were shot down by Vince and the horrible, terrible, abysmal WWE creative team. When the Royal Rumble got bad reviews they blamed it all on Shane.

And if you were aware of Shane disappearing from WWE years ago, it was because he was made aware that he was no longer going to be head of WWE once Vince is gone, but Stephanie and HHH. So there's a big backstory to this and real animosity. I don't know if it would happen, but it would be pretty big.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
misterID wrote:

There are rumors that Shane McMahon might join AEW. This would be hilarious. I don't know how serious this is, but if you don't know Vince fired Shane a few days ago FOR REAL. There were already tensions as he suggested ideas that were shot down by Vince and the horrible, terrible, abysmal WWE creative team. When the Royal Rumble got bad reviews they blamed it all on Shane.

And if you were aware of Shane disappearing from WWE years ago, it was because he was made aware that he was no longer going to be head of WWE once Vince is gone, but Stephanie and HHH. So there's a big backstory to this and real animosity. I don't know if it would happen, but it would be pretty big.

I think they are scapgoting him to a certain extent.  I only watched the Men's Rumble match on Sunday.  And holy shit that thing was horrible.  There were stretches where you just had a string of jobbers/who? wrestlers come out.  Maybe they shouldn't have fired all those wrestlers in the fall/winter.  And the ending was obviously predicatable.

On the second part, I think HHH knows what he is doing in terms of running a promotion (NXT has sucked after he left supposedly) more than Shane or Stephanie (maybe).   I think he does know how to write storylines and book people.  His issue has always been that he thinks he is better (this is only referring to him a wrestler) than he actually is.  Also, even in the few matches he wrestles per year now, they are always these long ass boring affairs.

Oh, Shane should not be "wrestling" anymore.  He gets winded 2-3 mins into the Rumble.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Yeah, rumors are he'd basically be in a non wrestling capacity, probably managing someone, like an Eric Bishoff/Paul Herman role

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Scott Hall is on life support after hip surgery. Apparently had three heart attacks during the surgery.

Hopefully he pulls through but it doesn't sound good.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

Scott Hall is on life support after hip surgery. Apparently had three heart attacks during the surgery.

Hopefully he pulls through but it doesn't sound good.

Just read Kevin Nash's latest instagram post and after they gather his family, it appears the plug will be pulled.

Scott Hall who probably did his best wrestling as Razor Ramon in the WWF but achieved more fame as one half of the NWO Outsiders.  For whatever anyone chooses to say about WCW, they will always have that storyline and Hall was a big part of that.  Thinking back, I always loved the "survey" promo he used to do before a match.  As an aside, another piece of my adolescence/childhood gone.

RIP Scott.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Kevin's post was so sad. This is terrible. Man, a big part of wrestling is leaving us. RIP Scott.

"Survey says... That's one more for the good guys."

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Damn.

When I go on my old school wrestling marathons, usually a few times a year, I always put off early-mid 90s WWF and late 90s WCW...I mainly focus on 85-90.

Now I'm going to have a marathon on Hall's career. I gotta pick specific periods as I'll lose interest if I watch the whole thing. Some of that mid 90s WWF is garbage.

I think I'll start with 86 AWA and watch his matches when he's teaming with Curt Hennig. They were tag champs briefly.

I'd also like to watch the infamous ladder match and of course the 123 kid upset.

Something I'm long overdue watching is the birth of the NWO....The Outsiders. That was the height of that whole period. It went downhill from there.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

He's gone. This fucking sucks.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Just saw that. sad

I've been following the Monday night wars on YouTube, and right now the Outsiders are at their peak. Totally forgot how great he was on the mich (and behind the scenes, it was his idea to do Crow Sting). He made Flair look good, which wasn't easy the older and more limited Ric got.

Board footer