You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Naomi Judd Dead By Suicide at 76

James wrote:

WILLIAMSON COUNTY, Tenn. (WTVF) — Naomi Judd, Grammy-winning member of The Judds, has died at age 76.

The daughters announced her death on Saturday in a statement provided to The Associated Press.

“Today we sisters experienced a tragedy. We lost our beautiful mother to the disease of mental illness,” the statement said. “We are shattered. We are navigating profound grief and know that as we loved her, she was loved by her public. We are in unknown territory.”

The Judds were scheduled to be inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame tomorrow.

The mother-daughter performers scored 14 No. 1 songs in a career that spanned nearly three decades. After rising to the top of country music, they called it quits in 1991 after doctors diagnosed Naomi Judd with hepatitis.

The Judds’ hits included “Love Can Build a Bridge” in 1990,“Mama He’s Crazy” in 1984, “Why Not Me” in 1984,“Turn It Loose” in 1988, “Girls Night Out” in 1985, “Rockin’ With the Rhythm of the Rain” in 1986 and “Grandpa” in 1986.

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/naomi … dies-at-76

James

James wrote:

That's bat shit crazy timing for a suicide....hours away from a Hall of Fame induction.

What took so fucking long for the induction? Shouldn't they have gotten in 20 years ago?

I hate how the various music Hall's of Fame are political and drag their asses on inducting various iconic singers and bands.

My grandma loved The Judd's...I would've never heard them as a teen without her fandom.

Not a big fan but I did really love one of their songs but don't remember the name. I'll look for it on YouTube.

I also liked that one solo hit Wynonna had in the early 90s that MTV had in heavy rotation for awhile...

James

James wrote:

Not a big fan but I did really love one of their songs but don't remember the name. I'll look for it on YouTube.

I found it.

James

James wrote:

We now know why the Judd's wanted the details of what happened kept covered up.

Ashley showed up at her house and Naomi had shot herself in the head...but was still alive.

Board footer