You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning I trailer

James wrote:

This is going to be insane...Kittridge is back... taking things back to the first MI film.

I always wanted him to take the series back to the roots of the first film. He's not going to. .but this is close enough I suppose.

It's also obvious he is wrapping up the franchise over the next few years. He filmed these back to back and this is part one...part two will be the franchise finale.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It looks pretty awesome!

I find these movies a guilty pleasure...like mentally I know the whole thing is kinda a bond clone but damn if it's not a good time every time.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Love them all except for 2. Tbh, they really hit their stride in the later films. Ghost Protocol gets a lot of love, but I don’t think it’s anywhere close to as good as Rogue Nation.

James

James wrote:

While looking for that ridiculous fight scene in Fallout, I noticed a new trailer has been released....

This movie is going to kick ass.

Ilsa is my favorite character and judging by this trailer, her role may be either small and/or she is going to be the IMF member that gets killed.

If so....a huge bummer. That character is strong enough to carry her own film...which I was hoping would happen in a post Tom Cruise MI film.

I'm gonna watch this in the theater. Haven't been to one in eons and this is the one that will drag me back. Just gotta be sure to watch the first showing on a Monday/Tuesday a couple weeks after release. It's the only way to make sure the theater isn't packed.

James

James wrote:

This is getting great reviews.

Cruise now claims he wants to do MI films until he's 80.

This goes against what we initially heard about Dead Reckoning wrapping up the franchise...or at least Cruise's role in it.

A bummer to go back on that already....but I still plan on watching this in the theater. Just won't be going opening weekend. I hate crowded theaters and I doubt it got better in the 10+ years since I last went to the theater.

James

James wrote:

I was gonna watch it this week but I'm still house-sitting for someone so had to put it off.

Ill probably watch it on Monday.

I'm still really hyped for this. That Oppenheimer movie looks amazing too.

AtariLegend wrote:
James wrote:

I was gonna watch it this week but I'm still house-sitting for someone so had to put it off.

Ill probably watch it on Monday.

I'm still really hyped for this. That Oppenheimer movie looks amazing too.

I seen both on release.

MI was one of the better films in the series. Typical Cruise, better than standard Holywood blockbuster fare. Not a classic, but it's more than decent.

Oppenheimer however for me is probably the front runner for best picture at the oscars.

Loved it. Very much the kind of thing you'd except to get nominated, only with the scale/tension/direction of Nolans bigger films. In other words this is a film where people mostly speak/argue for 3 hours, but it's gripping. Definitely see it.

Casual audiences might prefer a The Dark Knight, Interstellar or even a Dunkirk, but this is objectively a better crafted film for cinema fans.

James

James wrote:

You didn't watch Barbie too?!?  16

The world is crazy.

It's only been what...12-13 days...and MI is old news now (nobody cares) and Barbie and Oppenheimer have been combined into a meme for some reason (Barbenheiner).

MI is going to come in at #4 at the box office here.

It's madness.

The industry is in flux right now. Major movies have been bombing...and supposedly Disney is going to be doing less superhero movies.

Maybe a new chapter can start...but I doubt it. I'm with Scorsese though....they ruined it and there's no going back.

I should start watching a handful of movies in case it goes tits up in the coming years.

You're tempting me to watch Oppenheimer. I wish they had it as a double feature with MI. Maybe if it's playing right after MI I'll go ahead and watch it.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

I wish Oppenheimer was shorter.  It's 3 hours + previews which takes up 10 mins at least.  My bladder can't handle all that .

The template has been set for the industry.  It's sequels (MI, Indy 5, Fast Whatever), pop culture stuff (Barbie, Mario etc) , retconned remakes (Ghostbusters, Oceans 11 etc) and if you're lucky to be a name director (or an "it" director) there's a chance that your movie will be shown at the cinema.  I don't see it changing.  Even if they do less superhero movies, it'll just be replaced with some other mindless genre junk.

James

James wrote:

You just brought up two things I hadn't thought of....

I wish Oppenheimer was shorter.  It's 3 hours + previews which takes up 10 mins at least

It's been so long since going to the theater I had forgotten about how they've ruined it by including up to 30 minutes of ads/trailers before the film starts.

I've always been one of those people who like arriving early....but not in a world with 10-30 minutes of ads.

I miss the days of like 2 or 3 trailers...and that was back when movies were good! Imagine it now....

My bladder can't handle all that .

Now that I'm nearing 50...this could be an issue for me. In my youth I could hold my piss during cross country trips. Now? Lucky if I can go a few hours.

I'm the type that does not leave my seat during a film.

I guess I won't be drinking anything until after it's over. I was planning on the first showing anyways.

pop culture stuff (Barbie, Mario etc

Even worse....toys. They're now floating the idea of a bunch of toy movies(Legos, Slinky, etc).

Unfortunately...that's probably what will replace superheroes in the next couple years.

It would suck of course...but I'd rather have anything dominating the industry besides superheroes. It went on too long.

Another bomb is expected soon... something called Blue Beetle.

Board footer