You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Disney says bye to fairy god-mothers

Neemo wrote:

This is a fucked up world we live in 1416

The term fairy god-mother has been deemed offensive

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/23/business … index.html
Disney changes name of ‘Fairy Godmothers in Training’ in US theme parks to gender-neutral term to be more inclusive, company says
By Emma Tucker
Updated 4:13 PM EDT, Sat July 23, 2022

(CNN)Disney's "Fairy Godmothers in Training" who dress up children as princesses and knights in boutiques at its US theme parks are now called "Fairy Godmother's Apprentices" as part of its efforts to be more inclusive, a Disney spokesperson told CNN on Saturday.

The new title applies to cast members working at its Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique locations, where they transform children into iconic Disney characters with makeup, hairstyles and costumes.

"With the wave of a magic wand—plus a few hands-on tricks of the trade—our Fairy Godmother's Apprentices will pamper and primp your child until they look storybook stunning. Children can choose a hairstyle then add makeup, nail polish and accessories—even a Disney costume," according to the Walt Disney World website.

A Disney spokesperson told CNN that the company made the change to allow men to work at the boutiques. Previously, only women were allowed to be cast members who held the title "Fairy Godmothers in Training," the spokesperson said.

The decision reflects a wider effort by Disney to update its parks to be more inclusive. Historically, Disney has been specific about Cast Members' appearance — favoring a clean-cut look, to stay consistent with the company's family-friendly image.

Last year, the chairman of Disney's parks division Josh D'Amaro said in a blog post titled "A Place Where Everyone is Welcome" he was committed to updating attractions, modernizing the parks' values and changing the guidelines for how park employees look and dress.

D'Amaro said the company will provide "greater flexibility" to their Cast Member's outfits with respect to "forms of personal expression surrounding gender-inclusive hairstyles, jewelry, nail styles, and costume choices." The parks will even allow Cast Members to show off "appropriate visible tattoos," his statement said at the time.

"We're updating them to not only remain relevant in today's workplace, but also enable our cast members to better express their cultures and individuality at work," D'Amaro wrote.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

This company needs to be boycotted. Period.

This madness will not stop until these corporations stop pushing it and the only way to achieve that is by speaking with your wallet.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

The corporations would be pushing it even if it didn't make money. They fear being labeled bigots more than they fear losing money on a project.

The last time the West had any fight was 1945. We're just going to have to suck it up for the next hundred years at least.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I disagree... money is their religion...not SJW ten thousand genders crap.

When that shit finally reaches the end of its lifespan, they'll drop it like a ton of bricks before it impacts the stock price.

I might go one step further....they may eventually apologize for ever pushing this crap.

One of the many reasons I'd like this to end is this insanity just begs to be mocked in comedy. The most bat shit crazy nonsense to infect our culture isn't allowed to be criticized or laughed at on a large scale...a mistake IMO.

Imagine if someone like Carlin was alive. He would've had a field day with this shit...and it probably would have ruined his career.

Hell...look how that Harry Potter lady was treated just for acknowledging that women have periods.

It really needs to end...it's about to start having a huge impact on awards shows for starters.

The simple fact that Russian and Chinese troll farms help spread this parasite in the West but aren't stupid enough to believe it themselves speaks volumes about this movement and how destructive it really is.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I'm not disputing that money is their religion, but they will accept decreased profits if it means staying out of the cross hairs. Just like a company is concerned about following the law, this is also becoming a de facto law: if somebody accuses you of being a bigot, you are a bigot. So better stay very safe. This could be as innocent as simply "misgendering people". Insanity is taking over across the board, even in terms of money. Would you pay not to be targeted by the mob?

Ricky Gervais did it recently, has gotten away with it so far. But he's got a 100 million so he can afford not to care. Everybody else your livelihood is at stake. I reckon I wouldn't last five minutes in a modern office environment before being fired.

It's not something Russia and China can fully control either. Western guilt syndrome has been a thing since Martin Luther at least. Once that lost its grip and people became godless they latched onto liberalism which has now morphed into this insane religious substitute. With Christianity you had Jesus to absolve you of your sins. Liberalism offers no such end game. All you can do is double down until you cut your dick off.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

They’re changing Splash Mountain, a truly iconic ride, from Song of the South to Princess and the Frog. And it’s only a very few people who complained, majority white. And they’re basically gutting all the animatronics and making it cheap for upkeep. So I hope wokesters enjoy their new ride!

Wilco
 Rep: 1 

Wilco wrote:
James wrote:

This company needs to be boycotted. Period.

This madness will not stop until these corporations stop pushing it and the only way to achieve that is by speaking with your wallet.

Even then, though, do you really think it will stop? We’ve seen so many woke products and such crash and burn, but the studios seem intent on pushing this agenda nonetheless.

Wilco
 Rep: 1 

Wilco wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

The corporations would be pushing it even if it didn't make money. They fear being labeled bigots more than they fear losing money on a project.

The last time the West had any fight was 1945. We're just going to have to suck it up for the next hundred years at least.

Sadly I agree with you, and I tend to be an optimistic person.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It's strange cos cis hetro people are always going to be the mainstream thing even if there's secretly millions of hidden others or even if there's tons of publicly out and proud others. Queer etc people will never outnumber straight people. So like given corporations only care about money I'm not sure why they keep trying to alienate straight folks.

I guess they recognise that most straight folks have queer friends/relatives and have a desire to be kind to them, but as a society we need to find a way to be kind to them that isn't just endlessly shitting on the rest of us. For the record this particular thing of adding males to help style I don't mind...but it's more the general outlook of disney is warped. I wonder what walt would think.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

I don't get why you guys are so worked up about this in particular. Literally changing the name of a thing for kids so that boys can also enjoy it and take part by having the title of it be gender neutral. And allowing men to work at the boutiques - so what, plenty of men in the world do this work and enjoy this stuff and plenty also wear makeup themselves.

You've all gotten way too angry about this and then gone off on tangets that aren't related to this.

I disagree... money is their religion...not SJW ten thousand genders crap.

Their addressable market for this attraction has now been expanded to include boys, and their hiring pool has been expanded to include men. Sounds like they're following the money.

You've all literally taken a decision Disney made about making one of their attractions not gender exclusive and started ranting about transgender issues... something this has nothing to do with. Unhinged.

Board footer