You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Triple H
 Rep: 2 

Re: What Are You Listening To?

Triple H wrote:

Toy Soldiers - Silversun Pickups
[youtube][/youtube][/embed]

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

This is my favorite song currently....

It stomps ass. I had never even heard of this band before until stumbling across them in a random post on the Hoffman forum. Someone posted how wacky their official video is....

Dont like the video... thought the song was ok... decided to search them on YouTube and saw the live performance....blown away.

It's also another sign of why I hate the music industry of today. There's simply too much garbage to wade through and it makes me not want to even bother. This song is 8 years old... probably deserved to be a real hit yet I just recently stumble upon it.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Mad Season.

Damn shame Layne never did more with this band… but that could be said for AIC, Class of 1999 and his health

James

James wrote:

Definitely get the deluxe edition that came out a few years ago... although you probably have it already.

It's worth the price just for Slip Away.

James

James wrote:

On the Hoffman forum last night, they were talking about Robert Palmer and someone posted this song....

That is amazing. I don't even remember this song.

After I've run this Animals disc into the ground (about a week), I'm gonna dive into Palmer's discog.

All I remember are the main 80s hits and The Power Station... probably the most underrated supergroup in history.

James

James wrote:

Holy shit....that is amazing. I didn't know this has been remastered and rereleased. That is peak Journey right there.

I may have to buy this.

James

James wrote:

Amazing... Robert Palmer covering ZZ Top's TV Dinners with a Simply Irresistible outro.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

The new Queen song.

It's... okay. They've clearly reached the point where they're scraping the bottom of the barrel for unused Freddie Mercury vocals; I've heard the original demo and these are obviously placeholder lyrics that he wasn't intending to use in the finished song. But there is passion in his delivery, so it's nice to hear a finished song in one form or another.

I kind of wish they'd been a bit more innovative/ambitious though. For example, taking the bits where Freddie had come up with one line but not a follow-up, and writing/recording a new follow-up line with Brian or Roger doing a sort of "call-and-response." Would've gone a long way towards making it feel like a more complete piece, and turned a weakness into a strength.

James

James wrote:

That's definitely some barrel scraping there.

The music is pretty good though.

James

James wrote:

Take me back....

Will forever blow me away they release this album, release two singles, both singles #1, and then they just vanish forever.

Didn't even bother with a follow-up.

Board footer