You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: UYI Box tracklist unveiled?

monkeychow wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

Surely November Rain sticking out like a sore thumb as "2022 Version"

I am fascinated by this.

What would the changes be I wonder? Like new synth stuff with melissa or more modern axl synths? A new vocal take using 99 vocals or similar? Adding in some piano intro? It's extremely curious.

I mean it *could* be a mistake...but given it's that song I feel it's not...as there was always talk of it being important to Axl during recording (from memory it was said he threatened to retire if he couldn't nail it) and it's obviously one of his songs in terms of the composition...like if he was going to tinker with something....

It's literally just a typo. This sort of thing is always happening with remastered albums.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Yesterday I called them all cunts for not acknowledging the UYI anniversary or updating on the status of the box set, and today a live version YCBM pops up from said UYI release…

Maybe I should do the same thing in a new album discussion thread, to get that a move along too! big_smile

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Anyway, for all you negative cunts here, I pretty much listened to the live YCBM on repeat the whole drive to work, and it’s just awesome. The intro is a train wreck but they pull it together and it’s just killer!

Plus, I can hear Izzy! Even with him playing what seems like the wrong key at the start, his rhythms alongside Slash is great to hear in a proper live mix.

Slash fucks up the solo, it’s gloriously sloppy but great, in the way that UYI era Slash had just an amazing feel and choice of notes.

And then, on top of that, Axl messes up the bridge section lyrics. But he sings it with so much venom and passion, it doesn’t matter!

You guys can complain all you like.

UYI era is MY era, and I LOVE THIS SHIT.

GIVE ME MORE!!!

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

So someone on the Discord pointed something interesting out.

Usually these digital releases follow the physical disc edition tracklistings. Well look at "Disc 3" on that Qobuz tracklisting page.

It's impossible to fit everything under Disc 3 on one disc. It would take about 4 CDs to fit both those shows.

It only makes sense for that to be listed as Disc 3 if Disc 3 is a Bluray. We maybe are getting some proshot.

Wilco
 Rep: 1 

Wilco wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Usually these digital releases follow the physical disc edition tracklistings. Well look at "Disc 3" on that Qobuz tracklisting page.

It's impossible to fit everything under Disc 3 on one disc. It would take about 4 CDs to fit both those shows.

It only makes sense for that to be listed as Disc 3 if Disc 3 is a Bluray. We maybe are getting some proshot.

Which disk? Link?

Wilco

Wilco wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Anyway, for all you negative cunts here, I pretty much listened to the live YCBM on repeat the whole drive to work, and it’s just awesome. The intro is a train wreck but they pull it together and it’s just killer!

Plus, I can hear Izzy! Even with him playing what seems like the wrong key at the start, his rhythms alongside Slash is great to hear in a proper live mix.

Slash fucks up the solo, it’s gloriously sloppy but great, in the way that UYI era Slash had just an amazing feel and choice of notes.

And then, on top of that, Axl messes up the bridge section lyrics. But he sings it with so much venom and passion, it doesn’t matter!

You guys can complain all you like.

UYI era is MY era, and I LOVE THIS SHIT.

GIVE ME MORE!!!

Hey, weren’t you an old timer back on MyGNR years and years (at least 10) ago? Your username seems really familiar. Anyway, your enthusiasm is really infectious dude. Hopefully it’ll not be better than it seems as such smile

Wilco

Wilco wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Btw, would you wanna join a new GNR discord that just started? The aim of it is to be comprised at least at a 60/40 or 70/30 ratio of community old timers and skew toward an older (25/30+) user base, as opposed to the other servers which have mainly Gen Z. It’s just starting, with barely any people. But you’re welcome if you’d like to be part of it.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Those links don’t open for me in Australia. Any chance you could take some screen shots so we can see the tracklists?

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Wilco wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Btw, would you wanna join a new GNR discord that just started? The aim of it is to be comprised at least at a 60/40 or 70/30 ratio of community old timers and skew toward an older (25/30+) user base, as opposed to the other servers which have mainly Gen Z. It’s just starting, with barely any people. But you’re welcome if you’d like to be part of it.

I'm in two good ones at the moment, but I've left some bad ones like WAR room and Tarpits because some of the posters in there were just nasty. Lots of shitposting, pathetic infights between users and lots of casual racism etc. If your Discord ISN'T like those ones then sure, shoot me an invite via PMs.

Board footer