You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: SOG single coming?

slashsfro wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I own thousands of movies on disk and tape that I collected over the years...but it's obvious the future is streaming...so i thought fighting it is pointless..it gets hard to even get a quality cd player now.....so i swapped to streaming...still keep a 4k player for favourite franchises...but I am resigned to streaming for day to day stuff.

I totally disagree on the movie part.  There's something relaxing to me in just grabbing your favorite movie that's on a disc and just playing it instead of depending on a reliable stream.  Plus I like going through my collection and just watching something that I haven't seen in a while for whatever reason.  I mean sometimes it can be daunting going through tubi and finding something you may like.  Also there's something in knowing that it's there and you can watch  it whenever you want.  There's stuff I bought like 10 years ago, that I finally rewatched and rediscovered.  I just don't think it's the same if I watch it streaming.  This part is difficult for me to explain, since it's feeling, and an impression and emotions.

As for SOG,  I'm just going to go with there will be new music released in 2022 with the Slash comments and the admittedly sketchy Spotify search results.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Blackstar wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Off topic, but on the liner notes of the AFD 30th anniversary box set, the last line of writing credits says “November Rain writing by Slash, Duff McKagen, W.Axl Rose, and Izzy Stradlin”. I thought that was interesting. Any insight why this is now a group effort and no longer just W.Axl Rose?

I have given an explanation here:

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.p … 68#p339368

Damn, they did Fortus dirty on Better, given that he wrote the "Now I know you better" riff.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

slashsfro wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I own thousands of movies on disk and tape that I collected over the years...but it's obvious the future is streaming...so i thought fighting it is pointless..it gets hard to even get a quality cd player now.....so i swapped to streaming...still keep a 4k player for favourite franchises...but I am resigned to streaming for day to day stuff.

I totally disagree on the movie part.  There's something relaxing to me in just grabbing your favorite movie that's on a disc and just playing it instead of depending on a reliable stream.  Plus I like going through my collection and just watching something that I haven't seen in a while for whatever reason.  I mean sometimes it can be daunting going through tubi and finding something you may like.  Also there's something in knowing that it's there and you can watch  it whenever you want.  There's stuff I bought like 10 years ago, that I finally rewatched and rediscovered.  I just don't think it's the same if I watch it streaming.  This part is difficult for me to explain, since it's feeling, and an impression and emotions.

As for SOG,  I'm just going to go with there will be new music released in 2022 with the Slash comments and the admittedly sketchy Spotify search results.

There's actually a whole thing with non-fungible tokens for ownership of digital copies of movies and music, now. Kevin Smith released his last film as an NFT, and there's a lot of talk in the film industry about how it could shake up the streaming business model (briefly: you can allocate a portion of a secondary sale of an NFT to the original creator, which creates a whole new revenue stream that didn't exist before).

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I still have my cd collection but I never use it except for special occasions. Spotify is just so much more convenient.

Movies are different. With an album you might listen to a few songs before changing to something else, or use a playlist. If you are going to watch a movie you watch the whole thing, so I much prefer to pop in a blue ray or a dvd. Maybe I want to watch with directors commentary or a special version of the film. You don't get that on the streaming services.

I also suspect that with cancel culture the available library of movies will shrink on streaming sites. Or they will start editing the films somehow, if they even include them.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

It is worse than that: Companies are now withdrawing profitable, popular work in order to get a tax writeoff:

https://fandomwire.com/its-culturally-d … p_markup=1

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

How do they calculate this? The write off is worth more than the expected future returns? I can see a lot of properties being in trouble then.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

It's over.....someone actually got GNR in the results as they were typing real doll.

Needless to say, that obviously won't be on a new album.

Like slashsfro said, this doesn't mean something isn't coming. Slash said new songs and a box set were on tap...and we're about to get the box set.

It just means this Spotify stuff is not an indicator that a new album is sitting idle in their system.

ClaudeF wrote:

It is worse than that: Companies are now withdrawing profitable, popular work in order to get a tax writeoff:

https://fandomwire.com/its-culturally-d … p_markup=1

That is so fucking crazy.

We live in such an insane world now.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

That stuff is just awful.  I mean why bother wasting time to create something, if the money men are just going to pull out at the last minute.  I didn't care about the Batgirl thing but I did feel it should have been released because there was a fanbase that liked it or wanted it.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Folks, I'll try my best to simplify but this is (most probably) nothing.
You can add your own personal audio files to Spotify (much like Winamp in the good ol days).
https://support.spotify.com/us/article/local-files/
Doing that, it will create meta tags based on the files you add and these will be shared globally so people with the same files get updated song info.
This will eventually appear on search results based on geo location, friends list and your own library, based on the suggestion personalization algorithm.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
otto wrote:

Folks, I'll try my best to simplify but this is (most probably) nothing.
You can add your own personal audio files to Spotify (much like Winamp in the good ol days).
https://support.spotify.com/us/article/local-files/
Doing that, it will create meta tags based on the files you add and these will be shared globally so people with the same files get updated song info.
This will eventually appear on search results based on geo location, friends list and your own library, based on the suggestion personalization algorithm.

Yeah this is definitely what's at play here.

Someone uploaded the Locker leaks and Spotify detected it...and now fans are feeding the monster to the point where the monster is now feeding us our own results.

I laughed when I saw the real doll thing. That was confirmation.

Any other song not on the so called locker leaks is a hoarder placing their songs in the system.

Those Soundgarden songs aren't coming up because no one but Vicky Cornell has them.

Board footer