You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Richard talks GnR in Japanese Magazines

Neemo wrote:
Dreamline wrote:
Neemo wrote:

a translation from google.ca in all its broken english glory 16 maybe dreamline can help us out

Didn't have much time to look at this today, but suntorytime's translation is pretty good from what I read.

To clear up/add a few little things...

thanks dreamline *karma* 22

i'm not shooting the messenger by anymeans here cuz i dont know how japanese translates to english, just adding soem thoughts

(about the album being finished)
"Yes, that's true.  It was finished quite awhile ago, and at the moment is in the label's hands."

definately interesting news....but i tend to side with madagas on this issue...whats to negotiate if the label has it? is it possible that hes giving the old standby comment that gnr has adopted these days? "the negotiations are in the label's hands"

(about the album)
"It's totally different from any other album and totally different from any other band.  It's definitely a very different (unprecedented) album, no doubt."

i still think hes just saying that it differs from other current material in the publix eye these days

"After the album is released, we'll be releasing the follow-up soon after.  We have more than enough songs completed so I can promise you that it won't be another ten-years before the next release."

awesome..i have a feeling that maybe we'll see a couple years between reelases..as one fades from public interest another will be ready to boost it back up

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

James Lofton wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

The only thing unprecedented is its the first time someone has released a 90's album in 2008.

I don't believe its in the label's hands. Info would have surfaced already if Uni was sitting on this record.

Why? What would have surfaced, if they don't have a release date what is there to say? The labels kept very quiet on the whole project from the start, until the thing's definately coming out I don't see them changing that tactic.

Well, we knew Kala had been handed in LONG before any release dates got tossed around.

She's on the same label as GNR.

The reason the label "kept quiet" is because there was never anything to say. I would imagine an album being handed in would qualify as something to say.

I never understood the line of thinking that GNR are so much more unique than other artists. This album isn't the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Its a record just like any other, and once the label has it, there's no point in any secrecy. If they have it, they have it.

How does it benefit Uni to not mention having the album?

I see your point, but how does it benefit them to say they have it? It wouldn't affect sales one jot. I agree Uni won't treat GNR and CD like the holy grail and behave completely different with it than any other album, although the situation is a pretty unique one I would imagine.

It's come from about 6 different sources in and around the band that the albums done and handed in, why would Uni then bother to wade in and say the same thing, as far as they're concerned GNR have announced that the albums been handed in, it's not the labels problem if the public doesn't believe it.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

I see your point, but how does it benefit them to say they have it? It wouldn't affect sales one jot. I agree Uni won't treat GNR and CD like the holy grail and behave completely different with it than any other album, although the situation is a pretty unique one I would imagine.

It's come from about 6 different sources in and around the band that the albums done and handed in, why would Uni then bother to wade in and say the same thing, as far as they're concerned GNR have announced that the albums been handed in, it's not the labels problem if the public doesn't believe it.

It benefits them by getting the name out there, and it will also increase interest in the past GNR discography(money for Uni).

Its definitely the label's problem if the public doesn't believe it. They're gonna be damn lucky if the record reaches gold status anyways, so keeping quiet for longer than necessary will affect potential album sales.

Fortus or some forum insider telling a few thousand people its been handed in isn't telling the world. If thats how this boat is gonna float, I see icebergs up ahead.

A Private Eye

James Lofton wrote:

It benefits them by getting the name out there, and it will also increase interest in the past GNR discography(money for Uni).

Its definitely the label's problem if the public doesn't believe it. They're gonna be damn lucky if the record reaches gold status anyways, so keeping quiet for longer than necessary will affect potential album sales.

Fortus or some forum insider telling a few thousand people its been handed in isn't telling the world. If thats how this boat is gonna float, I see icebergs up ahead.

I'm not sure, announcing it's been handed in isn't a big announcement imo. It is for GNR but for any other artist it's not. I couldn't tell you the last time I heard a label announce an album had been handed in, the announcement everyone waits for is a release date and that's the one people hear. Perhaps if you're a hardcore fan of a band the 'handed in' announcement is one you will hear about through the forums or whatever but it's not news the world generally hears about.

James

James wrote:

Well, of course they're not gonna hold press conferences to let people know albums get handed in. Its a trickle down effect. One person finds out, then another, then another, and then everyone knows.

Nothing like this has happened yet.

Its all speculation, which means it most likely isn't in Uni's hands.

Sky Dog wrote:

I don't think the record company has it, but what do I know. Also, the band isn't going to say who has it for fear of an earlier leak. Hard to tell exactly what Richard is saying due to obvious translation issues so I will stay out of the guessing fray. All I know is that we don't know the tracklist for the album, and we haven't heard the final mixes for the record. Considering the last leaks are now over two years old, the entire album could have been over hauled in that time frame. It's only fair to reserve judgment until the artist actually releases a finished product.:peace:

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Hardly a "no comment" in that interview 16

A Private Eye

DCK wrote:

It's weird, the last two interviews from band members have included quite a lot of GNR info when you compare with interviews from 6-12 months ago. I wonder if the new management has advised they 'loosen the reigns' on talking about GNR and CD in interviews? Whatever the reason I welcome the change, it's great to see members talking about the band and album.

James

James wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:
DCK wrote:

It's weird, the last two interviews from band members have included quite a lot of GNR info when you compare with interviews from 6-12 months ago. I wonder if the new management has advised they 'loosen the reigns' on talking about GNR and CD in interviews? Whatever the reason I welcome the change, it's great to see members talking about the band and album.

Actually, this interview is from before the Finck departure.

Ask Fortus this same shit now, and you'll likely get "no comment".

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:
DCK wrote:

Actually, this interview is from before the Finck departure.

Ask Fortus this same shit now, and you'll likely get "no comment".

Wether that interview was done before or after Finck's departure.  I have to take Fortus's defense here.  While I do not like Dick I have to give him credit for at least answering questions regarding GNR.  And this is where I do not get the people on the boards.  He did an interview where he wouldn't even answer a question about who decided on a solo at a GNR concert and everyone myself included blasted him for it, and I do have to say that it was deserved.  Dick shouldn't have done the interview or use GNR to promote his other crap if he can't talk about his band.  Here he talks about them and people still blast him.  Now I'm not saying I believe Dick on what he says about CD cause I don't, then again I wouldn't even believe Axl anymore at this point.  But at least he answered the questions, we could at least give him the benefit of the doubt.  I'm starting to think that people are never satisfied.  And I can't even believe I am defending Dick.  While I don't believe this band anymore if they answer questions about GNR I can't cmplain other than the fact that it is all BS.

Board footer