You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: SCOM Troubadour 2016 Pro Shot

James wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Nothing ever beats the Ritz 88 for me though.

It should've been included in the AFD box set.

It's almost as iconic as the album itself.

Generation X grew up on this performance... running home after school knowing MTV would play the entire concert. It stayed in heavy rotation for quite awhile...and of course two years later they cherry picked songs and turned them into videos...KOHD the big one.

In the 90s it was one of the main bootlegs sold...under different titles.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Nothing ever beats the Ritz 88 for me though.

It should've been included in the AFD box set.

It's almost as iconic as the album itself.

Generation X grew up on this performance... running home after school knowing MTV would play the entire concert. It stayed in heavy rotation for quite awhile...and of course two years later they cherry picked songs and turned them into videos...KOHD the big one.

In the 90s it was one of the main bootlegs sold...under different titles.

Remember in 1988 when Jungle hit it big (could have been SCOM as well) and they started playing this thing on weekends at night?  It seemed like they show that show a bunch of times.  Which was sort of unheard for a new band.  I mean they usually wait a while then they have the hot band do a live performance.  This one was sort of concurrent.

Also, I remember It's so Easy being a co-big one from that show.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Me and my bro must have watched that concert a 100 times. Not only did it rock, the band was in top form and the concert to me was the most genuine reflection of what GNR were all about and each of their personalities. They looked like they had just left a party and had come from the street. You are right James this should have been front and centre of the box set.

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Izzyjim wrote:

Genuine is exactly what it it, genuine and raw.
I don't think the band liked it, though, I remember Slash talking about it and how much fuck ups they had or that they were sloppy or something..

Which is exactly why I fucking love the Ritz concert!

Edit: In those quotes from 88-89 it seems that they all had issues with the show, only later they're taking in favor of the show.

Tortilla_Man
 Rep: 1 

Tortilla_Man wrote:

Can we re-up ?
the link is dead,
or just send the link to me

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Izzyjim wrote:

Fuckers took it down… too bad I didn’t saved it