You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Blackstar
 Rep: 12 

Re: Slash Says Guns N’ Roses Have a ‘Couple of Epic’ Songs to Release

Blackstar wrote:

The audio:

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Count me in as cautiously optimistic. The songs exist, it’s just a matter of getting them out to the public. That’s always been the main issue. They did it with Absurd & HS though so I guess they’re just waiting for the right time. 11/23?

Sky Dog wrote:

Here we go again! This is different I swear! I’m so excited…no. Same bat time, same bat channel. Too fucking funny.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Slash not remembering suggest a high estimate on the number of songs left. Probably more than 3. He would remember if they only did 5 songs. If they did like 7-9 songs he might be unsure about the exact number.

Do we have a list over the songs coming up in Spotify searches? Maybe there's a match.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Yeah, we’re gonna be getting the songs a couple at a time. Absurd makes sense now that there was never going to be an album. And it was probably a decision that they (Slash) probably didn’t want to release a GN’R album of someone else’s music. This smells of a compromise: we’ll release your music but not on an album.

Sky Dog wrote:

Bumble said he worked on 30 songs…Brain around 30 when he came in. Tommy said there is 22 other completed songs that weren’t on Chinese. Slash basically says what sounds like at best 5-6. Nobody seems to be smart enough to know exactly how many songs were worked on. The vault is a swamp of quicksand.

Not to be petty, but it cracks me up to no end that Slash has had absolutely NO significant influence over Axl since he returned. NONE….every Slashaholic claimed he wouldn’t stand for the same old same old from new Gnr! He filled a spot just like all the other guitar players in Axl’s Orchestra. No new songs just put spin on songs written 4 guitarists ago.

Blackstar
 Rep: 12 

Blackstar wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Slash not remembering suggest a high estimate on the number of songs left. Probably more than 3. He would remember if they only did 5 songs. If they did like 7-9 songs he might be unsure about the exact number.

Do we have a list over the songs coming up in Spotify searches? Maybe there's a match.

Songs that have appeared on Spotify (although some of them don't bring up GN'R anymore)

State of Grace
Atlas Shrugged
The General
Soul Monster
Perhaps
Thyme
Oklahoma
Zodiac
Cuban Skies
Se7en
Also Realdoll.com (as "realdo") seems to bring up GN'R in Sweden.

So it's 10 or 11 tracks.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'll go out on a limb and say....

Oklahoma
Atlas

Perhaps
Soul Monster

Maybe 1 or 2 more if we're lucky (we're not).

I'm with ID on this being some sort of compromise...or what Slash may believe is a compromise. No chance of a real album with this stuff in the way.....and little chance with it out of the way.

What would you do in his position?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It just kills me that these assholes talked him out of releasing CD as a double album. If you wanted a reunion then dump it all, ffs.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

It just kills me that these assholes talked him out of releasing CD as a double album. If you wanted a reunion then dump it all, ffs.

Yeah...the moment olive branches had been extended...he should've tried a rush release in late 2014-mid 2015. A quick and easy way to end the Chinese era. Probably would've sold around 200k copies.

KISS did something like this with their reunion...got that final non-makeup album out of the way on the down low.

That late in the game begs a question...which version do you release? There's no lineup anymore so all options on the table.

It probably wasn't worth the hassle.

I just want the main tracks at this point...I don't even need(or expect) the whole thing.

You're right though....2008 should've been shock and awe.

I just listened to the audio. I gotta admit it's funny when he says he doesn't remember. How hard could it be?

Delete Finck, Bucket, Fortus, or Ron solo

Insert Slash solo

Delete Stinson bass

Insert Duff bass for 10 seconds

How many times did they do that?

However many, that's the number....

Board footer