You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Kikkoman80
 Rep: 2 

Re: Kings Of Chaos

Kikkoman80 wrote:

A single by Matt Sorum is out.
With Slash, Duff, and Kushner.
When did they register it?

Kikkoman80
 Rep: 2 

Kikkoman80 wrote:

Ok...but...when did they register it???

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Register it?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Not a bad track. Matt sounds a lot like Weiland in parts.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
Kikkoman80 wrote:

Ok...but...when did they register it???

Added a link because you didn’t.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Kikkoman80 wrote:

Sorum has been using the brand name Kings of Chaos for his all-stars live act since around 2012. On occasion Slash and Gilby have been in the band but not always, they use different people each tour.

He's said before he would get around to doing originals too but before this it only amounted to a deep purple demo.

As for this song, are you asking when it was recorded? Unknown...but I notice the credits include Dave Kushner so I would speculate it's an old Velvet Revolver demo reworked by Matt.

This would make sense as we know they had quite a few songs kicking around unfinished, some of which eventually moved into other projects (eg Ghost on the Slash album). The general feel of it also sounds a lot like a VR track to me.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Kikkoman80 wrote:

Sorum has been using the brand name Kings of Chaos for his all-stars live act since around 2012. On occasion Slash and Gilby have been in the band but not always, they use different people each tour.

He's said before he would get around to doing originals too but before this it only amounted to a deep purple demo.

As for this song, are you asking when it was recorded? Unknown...but I notice the credits include Dave Kushner so I would speculate it's an old Velvet Revolver demo reworked by Matt.

This would make sense as we know they had quite a few songs kicking around unfinished, some of which eventually moved into other projects (eg Ghost on the Slash album). The general feel of it also sounds a lot like a VR track to me.

Interesting…didn’t know that about Ghost. Hard to imagine that as a VR track. Any idea where that tidbit came from?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Interesting…didn’t know that about Ghost. Hard to imagine that as a VR track. Any idea where that tidbit came from?

Back when they were auditioning singers they would send singers instrumentals to put down some lyrics over, a few of the singers leaked out their audition tapes publicly.

One of them that was going around was a song called Pleasin' on the mp3.

It was the main riff from Ghost. Song was arranged differently overall - like different middle 8 etc but it's absolutely the main riffs in the verses.

Not sure who the singer actually was...but his lyrics were catchy in a kinda cheesy way....like being alone as a loaded gun and it being time for pleasing...and about a sad girl he met at the bar or something.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

That Pleasin demo was pretty common knowledge on the forums. It came out before VR got Weiland. It features the Ghost opening riff, but it’s played during the verses. The vocals were terrible. Complete 80’s cheese, and not in a good way

Board footer