You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Kings Of Chaos

metallex78 wrote:

As for this new song, it definitely sounds like a lost VR track, even Sorum is channeling Weiland with his vocals.

Sounds pretty good, and I’ll definitely check out the album, though it’s not supposed to come out for another year. So the timing of this single seems odd…

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Another thought I had....

I think...Corey Taylor was playing with KOC on a recent tour....and we know he did several demos with VR....i remember he said once he'd need to revisit them before they could ever come out.....but I could see this outfit being a way for some of that lost music to find a home.

Blackstar
 Rep: 12 

Blackstar wrote:

They had written songs for the third album before Weiland was out (Matt said they had put lyrics - then or later - to 4 or 5 of them). Then they recorded demos with Royston Langdon (from the band Spacehog), Franky Perez, and a couple of other guys, and then they wrote and recorded more with Corey Taylor. So there's probably more than an album's worth of material.

According to the Kings Of Chaos website, current members include Gilby and Sebastian Bach, but they're not on this song. I guess they intend to write new songs for the album. Matt signed with a new label recently, so maybe this song from the VR era serves as promotion for them. I think Matt's vocals are horrible, though.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Odd that this song came out on Weiland’s birthday and he sounds similar to Weiland.

Sky Dog wrote:

He doesn’t sound like Weiland to me….he sounds awful

Kikkoman80
 Rep: 2 

Kikkoman80 wrote:

There are parts where he sounds like Scott.
Anyway I put it among my favorite songs VELVET REVOLVER.

Kikkoman80
 Rep: 2 

Kikkoman80 wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Kikkoman80 wrote:

When did they register it?

Sorum has been using the brand name Kings of Chaos for his all-stars live act since around 2012. On occasion Slash and Gilby have been in the band but not always, they use different people each tour.

He's said before he would get around to doing originals too but before this it only amounted to a deep purple demo.

As for this song, are you asking when it was recorded? Unknown...but I notice the credits include Dave Kushner so I would speculate it's an old Velvet Revolver demo reworked by Matt.

This would make sense as we know they had quite a few songs kicking around unfinished, some of which eventually moved into other projects (eg Ghost on the Slash album). The general feel of it also sounds a lot like a VR track to me.

Interesting…didn’t know that about Ghost. Hard to imagine that as a VR track. Any idea where that tidbit came from?

In my opinion GHOST would have been very VELVET REVOLVER.
In fact Ian sings it ... a singer similar to Scott.

Blackstar
 Rep: 12 

Blackstar wrote:

Matt has confirmed that the track is from the VR era and "has been around for a little while".

"It's a rock and roll song that I wrote with some old bandmates of mine," Matt said (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET). "It's been around for a little while. I wrote the lyrics and the melody based on sort of my life story. "

[...]

"This track was my old bandmates Slash and Duff and Dave Kushner from VELVET REVOLVER," Matt added. "And we had this song, and I've always loved this song. And the lyric and the vocal style behind it I kind of based on Lemmy. And the reason I say that is I was driving Lemmy to the Rainbow [in West Hollywood, California] one time, 'cause he never drove; he didn't drive his own car. So I picked him up at his apartment and I had the instrumental track and I played it for Lemmy. So this track has been around for a few years, before Lemmy passed. And I played it for him, and Lemmy goes, 'I wanna sing on that,' which would have been amazing. So when I went to sing the vocal, I'm, like, 'I'm just gonna put the spirit of Lemmy into this and throw down the most gravelly rock and roll vocal I can conjure up."

https://blabbermouth.net/news/matt-soru … gement-day

So it seems that the recording of the instrumental parts dates from the VR sessions and the vocals are recent.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yikes. Very underwhelming.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:

I actually liked some of his tunes on The Sea, but this is just embarrassing. The lyrics, the trying too hard, the trying to imitate Scott's phrasing, the video... Back when VR broke up and Scott seemed to clash with Matt the most, Scott complaint about Matt's ego and desire to sing throughout all the songs. Well, who would have a guessed that the first VR song post-Scott would have Matt on lead vocals 10

Board footer