You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Blackstar
 Rep: 12 

Re: Slash Says Guns N’ Roses Have a ‘Couple of Epic’ Songs to Release

Blackstar wrote:

The full Slash interview (mostly about his recent guitar collection book, also about the GN'R tour, playing CD songs and Slither, his Capital One commercial, the impact of Sweet Child O' Mine, future plans for SMKC, etc.)

https://vimeo.com/765699154

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Am I the only one who really liked Circus Maximus from the leaks?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I find that kinda music interesting but sort of non functional for a rock band, like it would be cool music to make as an instrumental for some type of art film or something...but in my head I dunno how you can go to a show and listen to like SCOM then that one.

Not saying it's bad, just like a "you don't put your swimming pool in the kitchen even if you want a swimming pool" kinda thing.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

Am I the only one who really liked Circus Maximus from the leaks?

No you're not. I really love that piece and hope it has become Ides Of March or se7en - so that there's a chance we'll one day get to hear it.

monkeychow wrote:

I find that kinda music interesting but sort of non functional for a rock band, like it would be cool music to make as an instrumental for some type of art film or something...but in my head I dunno how you can go to a show and listen to like SCOM then that one.

Well going from I Wanna Be Your Dog to Absurd isn't quite a smooth genre transition either and they still do it...

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah i'm not bagging it, maybe i'm just not creative enough for it or something.

Like Absurd to me plays like a song like "Whole Lotta Love" or something like that...simple guitar riff that kinda rocks out and people jam over and that kinda stuff. I just feel like some of these other instrumentals I wouldn't know where to start they seem like movie scores. They are cool though.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I’m really interested in Quick Song. And I kind of wonder about this bizarro scenario where CD was released as a double album (it should have) and how that would have impacted the reunion making new music. Would it have spurred something earlier?

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

polluxlm wrote:

I just listened to Hard School and the demo of it back to back, and I don't feel that way.

Talent is a rare thing in music, and these guys while good players are hired guns for a reason. The music on that song is a goddamn mess. Slash comes in, feels the essence and whips out something much better in no time at all.

As much as I like the intro on the demo, it does tickle me that Slash and Duff went in, hacked that minute of ambient guitar noodling out and had the song just pile in with a bass/guitar riff and cut straight to the verse.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I see GNR are playing Hyde Park in London next year. Maybe, just maybe we'll get a couple of tracks before then.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Oh, hang on too busy suing other companies to release music

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/guns-n- … k-lawsuit/

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

I see GNR are playing Hyde Park in London next year. Maybe, just maybe we'll get a couple of tracks before then.

This is my "line in the sand".  hmm

If they haven't released these songs to promote their summer tour by May-June,  it means it was shit canned for various reasons... starting with incompetence...and it's no longer happening.

As I said in the UYI thread, they are out of excuses for all of this stuff. Fuck...they don't even bother with public excuses anymore. I don't think they actually care one way or the other. It's just a nostalgia/legacy act now that retains a very small(and shrinking) hardcore base that's reduced to praying for forward movement.

Our only hope for these songs is if they've already "crossed the Rubicon" and are in someone else's hands just waiting for launch.

If they still reside in the hands of management, we're shit out of luck.

I'm tiring of the Sooper sekrit Scooby Doo mystery act. This nonsense should've stopped 6 years ago....even if they weren't going to do an album. There's simply no need for this crap.

Some fans used to think this strategy was cool...or mysterious.

It's not....and it never was.

It was always incompetence disguised as mystery.

When they had proper management in the 1980s-90s...shit got done...even when shit wasn't getting done.

Now it's just touring with static/dead air in the background. Only reason the tour can run without a hitch is the Live Nation machine does the heavy lifting.

Enough is enough....shit or get off the pot.

Edit

too busy suing other companies to release music

That is a legit reason to go after them.

I agree in spirit though... touring and a lawsuit should not be the only news as we head into 2023.

Board footer