You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Guns N’ Roses 2022 Australia & New Zealand Tour

metallex78 wrote:

A few of us on the board here are from down this side of the earth, myself included.
So I figured we should probably have our own discussion going for updates from those going to the show, with updates etc.

I’ll be seeing them in Sydney in a few weeks, but Perth, WA is first up tonight.
I think Aussie from the board is gonna be there.

Here’s a local interview with Duff about the show we can expect:

https://7news.com.au/video/entertainmen … 5750278112

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Nice one!

I'm heading to both New Zealand shows - one being in my hometown of Wellington, the other at our countries largest stadium Eden Park in Auckland.

That Ritz 91 show is whetting the appetite nicely!

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Setlist from Perth WA, 18th November

01. It's So Easy
02. Mr. Brownstone
03. Chinese Democracy
04. Slither
Link Wray's Rumble intro
05. Welcome To The Jungle
06. Better
07. Double Talkin' Jive
08. Live And Let Die
09. Reckless Life
10. Estranged
11. Shadow Of Your Love
12. Rocket Queen
13. You're Crazy (fast version)
14. You Could Be Mine
15. Attitude
16. Absurd
17. Hard Skool
18. Civil War (with Machine Gun outro)
19. Sorry
Slash Guitar Solo (Albert King's Born Under A Bad Sign jam)
20. Sweet Child O' Mine
21. November Rain
22. Wichita Lineman
Alice Cooper's Only Women Bleed intro
23. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
24. Nightrain
Encore:
25. Coma
The Beatles' Blackbird intro
26. Patience
27. Don't Cry
28. Paradise City

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I went to the Perth show last night and had a good time.  Just to remind us of how long we have been following this band for I took my 12 year old son with me for his first concert experience.  I treated him and bought the Welcome to the Jungle VIP experience tix for us both so we could watch it from the very front pit.

We ended up right on the rail at the very middle of the stage.  Well my son was there and I stood behind him.  I wasn't sure how he was going to go as it was obviously a looong wait.  We were there at the stage from about 5:30pm and then Guns went on at about 7:45pm and played until around 11:00pm.  A very long set.  But he didn't complain once and he loved it.  He's more than just a casual fan of the clichehits, his favourite songs are. Nightrain and Coma, so that probably helped that he likes a lot of the songs.

The two support bands really didn't do anything for me unfortunately.  I kept thinking/wishing for what other bands we might have been able to get.

The guns show was good, as I said very long but I liked that.  I don't recall ever hearing DTJ live at any of my previous concerts (I could be wrong?), but that was cool. I also like Slash doing the Only Women Bleed intro before KOHD.  I know he used to do it in the UYI days, but again I can't recall him doing it on previous more recent tours I have attended.

I thought they played pretty well.  I did have some sound issues at times.  It was the first time I had worn ear plugs to a concert so I don't know if it was a combination of that plus being centre stage at the front on the rail that meant sometimes the vocals seemed low or I couldn't hear a guitar clearly.  A couple of times I struggled to even her Axl's lyrics when he was using his higher voice, but I think that was a positioning things combined with the earplugs.  I do have to say I struggled sometimes listening to Axl sing in that higher register.  Sometimes at real key parts in songs it just doesn't sound right.  Then occassionally during the song he would drop down into his raspier lower voice and it sounded fucken good.  But sadly I assume he would just blow his voice out these days if he sang like that for the full show.  The price we all pay for getting older.

I had a good time and overall the band sounded fine and it was a good fun show and worth the money.  TBH the show was more about ticking off a bucket list thing for me of sharing a GNR show with my son, so I'm really glad we did that.  My son was treated really well, one of the main security guys Gio was good to him I could see him keeping an eye on him.  He also had a couple of jokes with him and gave him a guitar pic.  Jarmo also gave him a pick as he walked past him at the front.  It was cool too at the end of the show, Duff singled him out and got one of his wristbands and gave it to him.  He then went and got one of Frank's drumsticks and gave that to him too.  So that was really cool and made his night!

Axl has a very Aussie wardrobe this time.  His jeans had quite a few Aussie related patches on them, like our Coat of Arms, Aboriginal Flag, Aussie Flag, Kangaroo Street sign.  He also wore a few different Australian related t-shirts - one with a boxing kangaroo on it, a Mad Max shirt, one with Vegemite on it etc.  lol

I took a tonne of photos but these are just some of them..

IMG-7245.jpg
IMG-7252.jpg

Our viewing spot and the back of my sons head lol
IMG-7179.jpg
IMG-7230.jpg
IMG-7236.jpg
IMG-7208.jpg
IMG-7240.jpg
IMG-7206.jpg
IMG-7194.jpg
IMG-7218.jpg
IMG-7202.jpg
IMG-7210.jpg
IMG-7233.jpg
IMG-7231.jpg
IMG-7232.jpg

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Great review Aussie. Glad you and your son enjoyed it. My kids are still too young to go to concerts, but hopefully one day they can come along with me.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Incredible seats you had! Glad you had a great time with your son.

Aussie

Aussie wrote:

Yeah pretty hard to complain about that set list!

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Hey, a question about the VIP Jungle package. I’ve got that for the Sydney show, what does it actually include outside of the ticket to the show? And did you have to show up early to secure your spot in the pit?

Aussie

Aussie wrote:

Not sure if anyone here is planning on buying a lithograph at either the Sydney or Melbourne shows, as they are a fucken hassle to carry unless you can offload them to someone, but if you are I would love it if someone could grab me me one too.

I think I’ve got one lined up for Brisbane, Gold Coast and Adelaide, so was going to try for Sydney and Melbourne too.

As I said I know they are a pain in the arse to carry unless you can dump them in your car or offload them before the gig, but thought I would check just in case someone was going to go through the hassle of getting one.

Sadly I thought the Perth one was really lame this time!

Sky Dog wrote:

Nice pics….monster setlist

Board footer