You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Roger Waters - Comfortably Numb 2022

James wrote:

This will be on "The Lockdown Sessions" coming out on Dec. 9th.

It will also include a new version of Mother.

It's getting mixed reviews...but I like it.

It's unfortunate that he's so old(will soon be 80) and that he's a nostalgia act even though he wishes he wasn't.

There's a lot of potential in morphing aspects of The Wall into a statement on our zombie culture leading to a dystopic wasteland. I just don't think there will be a big enough audience to actually care.

This really makes me wish I had went to his show in Sacramento.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I hate this version...song sucks without David Gilmour's guitar

I think that he uses it as an opening to his live show tho...not as a major part of it

James

James wrote:

Yeah it is.

I was turned off awhile back to the fact he lip syncs at various points throughout the show. I'm not gonna support something like that under any circumstances...but I do regret not going.

He wasted so much of his career....25 years between Amused to Death and Is This the Life We Really Want. Regardless of what he wants to do... whether it's brand new material or a "reimagining" of The Wall to fit today's climate...he's just too old to really swing for the fences.

I wish his solo discography was more impressive. I just can't really get into it. He didn't know what to do after the Floyd implosion and it had a negative impact on his career.

In hindsight...when Gilmour gave him that brief opening that might have led to something in 94...he should've took it.

James

James wrote:

It's coming on the 12th....

re76ds-thelockdow-preview-m3_550x550.jpg

1. Mother 7:21
2. Two Suns In The Sunset 6:02
3. Vera/Bring the Boys Back Home 5:15
4. The Gunner’s Dream 5:32
5. Bravery Of Bring Out Of Range 6:52
7. Comfortably Numb 2022 8:30

https://www.highresaudio.com/en/album/v … n-sessions

James

James wrote:

Apparently all of this isn't new. Some of these songs were performed online during the pandemic. I just listened to Mother. I'm going to stop there and wait for the whole thing to be released in higher quality and listen to it in one shot.

I like it...but damn...his voice is shot.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Yea I saw that version of mother during lockdowns....it's good

Board footer