You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: Merry Christmas!

polluxlm wrote:

Wish all fellow gunners a merry christmas!

axl-rose-christmas-346x420.jpg

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Merry Christmas all

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I hate Christmas.

Never had children so I never had an incentive to really get into the Christmas spirit. As Paulie says on The Sopranos....

Fuck Santa Claus.

Loved it as a kid though. I'll never forget the Christmas of 85. Literally mountains of presents....they wouldn't even all fit under the tree or in the living room. Had to be stuffed in closets. Our stockings were overloaded. Not with crap either... cassette tapes, cologne, shit like that.

Had some other great Christmas but that was the big one. When anyone in my family looks back on holidays of yesteryear...that's the one they mention.

It was also the last year everyone in my family was alive. My grandpa (on mom's side) died in 86.

While my mom and dad's big gift for me was an expensive skateboard (don't remember the brand name), my favorite gift in 85 was bought by my grandma....

remco-awa-all-star-wrestling-action_1_d606152cca70725d6926e80cfe57c162.jpg

remco-awa-all-star-wrestling-action_1_d606152cca70725d6926e80cfe57c162.jpg

I screamed when I opened it.

It only came with the Road Warriors but thankfully my aunt Lynn bought me wrestlers to go with it.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Merry Christmas my fellow GNRevo’ers. 21 Cheers.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

My wife got me the UYI Super Deluxe CD box set for Christmas, and while I’m happy with the thought behind the gift, I’m kinda annoyed she spent so much on it, because it’s not worth what they’re charging.

Merry Christmas to still one of the best places to discuss all things GN’R, both good and bad.

I hope 2023 brings us all some new GN’R music, and I hope it’s decent.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Merry Christmas Folks! Hopefully some more songs in 2023!!!

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

I hate Christmas.

Never had children so I never had an incentive to really get into the Christmas spirit. As Paulie says on The Sopranos....

Fuck Santa Claus.

Loved it as a kid though. I'll never forget the Christmas of 85. Literally mountains of presents....they wouldn't even all fit under the tree or in the living room. Had to be stuffed in closets. Our stockings were overloaded. Not with crap either... cassette tapes, cologne, shit like that.

Had some other great Christmas but that was the big one. When anyone in my family looks back on holidays of yesteryear...that's the one they mention.

It was also the last year everyone in my family was alive. My grandpa (on mom's side) died in 86.

While my mom and dad's big gift for me was an expensive skateboard (don't remember the brand name), my favorite gift in 85 was bought by my grandma....

https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/imag … 57c162.jpg

https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/imag … 57c162.jpg

I screamed when I opened it.

It only came with the Road Warriors but thankfully my aunt Lynn bought me wrestlers to go with it.

Great story and memory.  Mine's is this.  We had a shitty plastic tree.  It was 86 or 87.  I was probably getting some lame gift or cash.  My cousin comes by and on Christmas or close to it, brings several presents for us.  Mine was the largest.  It was this fucking large rectangluar box. 

I open it on Christmas and it's some giant GI JOE helicoptor.  I didn't really like GI JOE that much.  But on that Christmas it didn't fucking matter.  Also , I don't think my cousin had any idea how his act of kindness made me happy.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I bet that was awesome.

The reason I didn't get into GI Joe in 83-84 or Star Wars toys in 80-82 is I knew I would never get to have all the crazy toys for them.

That GI Joe aircraft carrier looked awesome. It wasn't practical. Would take up like half the room and I think it costed a couple hundred bucks. Had I asked for that it would've been the only present I got.

I almost skipped Transformers but I got Megatron for Christmas 84 and bought a handful of them... Optimus prime, Soundwave and those little cassettes, the VW bug, and a few others before losing interest by summer 85.

As a poor kid who did get to have a handful of great Christmas and birthdays, you had to choose your obsessions wisely. 16

Remember how there were two different Voltrons? I wanted them both badly but wasn't willing to waste one of my big gifts on it. Before I could get it...I grew out of it.

This is the one I didn't get...

IMG_1985.7.JPG

I was also at an odd age for the toy crazes of the 80s. I would quickly grow out of them before they ran their course.... He-man a great example.

It was a bummer growing out of those wrestling toys. I.was building up a nice collection of them before that happened by summer/fall 86.

They were in great condition too.... especially those WWF figures that you couldn't properly wrestle with due to their size and how they didn't move.

Board footer