You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Richard talks GnR in Japanese Magazines

James wrote:

and notes that several songs might still need the details fixed

Translation:

Its not finished.

Interesting that he now claims to be on every track.

As far as Huge being a "bedroom player", he is on more officially released GNR material than any of these 'new' members.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

As far as Huge being a "bedroom player", he is on more officially released GNR material than any of these 'new' members.

I think that says more about the state of Guns N' Roses than it does about Paul Huge.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

A Private Eye wrote:
Communist China wrote:
Neemo wrote:

you really beleive that Richard didnt record anything? seriously? i didnt think anyone doubted that hmm

I think Richard wrote absolutely nothing. I think anything he played on the album was note for note chord for chord showed to him by either Paul or Robin or Ron. And I think whatever rhythm he did in the 02-06 period was redone and fixed by Ron.

Is this what you think's happened or what you want to have happnened?

I doubt he's just told an outright lie about writing songs on future albums.

"Future Albums" is an outright lie, so yeah, I can believe he'd lie about writing on them too. You can't write music for something when that something doesn't and will never exist.

You may have a point about me wanting it to have been what happened, but in 05 the guy didn't know what IRS was, so he couldn't have done much before then. And after 06, Ron was there to clean up rhythm (which he dissed)... given how infrequently this band records, I find it hard to believe that in 1.5-2 years Rich went back and re-did everything.

Especially if the record's been done for so long, as Beta and others claim it was done in late 07, with mixing and mastering done, actual recording probably couldn't have been altered since early-mid 07.

Someone's lying. I'm hoping it's Fortus.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I don't see why anyone has to be lying. Here's my speculation about this kind of thing:

Remember when Axl said after robin left the first time that it wasa good chance to redo some parts but that he never would have said that to his face because it would be rude? I don't think richard is the guy sitting with Axl at the pro-tools console.

Wel already know there's like 10 billion versions of every track with all kinds of different people playing on them. I mean fuck..how many versons of IRS does just the fan base have. And baz has said a few times theres multiple albums worth of tracks but that he's unsure what consitutes the final actual CD album out of what he's heard.

So richard comes in, has a listen to the state of the various songs at the present time. Maybe he gets some directions like "I really hate how this bridge sounds" from Axl or "This needs new outro..needs to sound more powerful" or whatever. He lays down what he is told to lay down for sure, he's a fucking session guy afterall. But after those takes Axl maybe also says something like "just do whatever you think would work for these songs" and fortus puts down his own creative ideas in another take. All of this shit gets recorded onto the data bank of a million different takes from a million players on a bunch of HDDs for Axl to go through at his leisure and pick and choose what he likes.

Meanwhile during thus process or on tour or something, fortus pulls out an original riff or two while warming up or something, Axl overhears it and goes "that's cool" - and it's developed into a song. Or once he's been made to feel part of the band and less of a session player maybe he goes "here's my original songs" or maybe Axl asks him if he has any originals he'd like to share with the group. If any of them are vaguely something Axl likes the sound of maybe he says something like "we'll work on that for a future album" - as its been clear for a while that when positive he talks about follow up releases and shit to CD...hell he even did it in the press in 2002.

My point is...fortus could easily have recorded a take for every song GNR has in its development-vault, some of them could be his own creative ideas for the song, some could be instructions given to him, and he could just have easily have submitted riffs/songs to the band and been told that those will be given the same kind of extended development for some future release.

Yes maybe now Ron has re-done everything he did, just as bucket redid what Robin did, who re-did what dave-navero layed down, who re-did what huge layed down etc etc.

At the end of the day its Axl using pro-tools who will decide these things. Axl was the guy who got Huge to redo slash's parts in SFTD, remember slash only found out latter on...when he heard it and went "who is that playing" lol...

Richard may not be on the album. I just don't think there's any reason to call him a liar yet as we don't know what he has an hasn't been told.

James

James wrote:

Both sides of that argument have valid points. Fortus clearly was out of the loop for long periods. Like CC mentioned, he had never even heard of IRS when it first leaked to the forums in 2005. What makes his 2005 statement even more absurd is the fact the track originally leaked in 2003 on the Trunk show and got quite a bit of publicity. Not only was he out of the loop, looks like he wasn't even paying attention to GNR info on the media's radar at that time.

I wasn't even posting at these sites in 03 and I knew it had been played on Trunk, but the guitarist didn't?

Maybe Fortus got in on some of that 06/07 recording. If not, I'm not buying what he's selling. He's not even on any of the demos we have, so if he's on every track, the album may have been almost completely recorded in the post BH era.

As far as the future albums thing, I'm with CC.  CD has been in limbo since the 90's. Its 2008. Last words that should even be mentioned are "future albums".

Let's see you get one out first. Then we'll start thinking of future projects.

Sky Dog wrote:

JJ, I think you are taking the easy way out.:butt:

downliner, play the 14 years demo.....for fuck's sake I miss Izzy. Actually. Tommy and:D

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

^ Who's JJ?

James

James wrote:
Communist China wrote:

^ Who's JJ?

jjbig.jpg