You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Re: If GNR releases nothing in 2023, is this the end for you?

Scabbie wrote:

Please do not release the 'leaks'/unreleased chin dem tracks S part of an exclusive box set for 500 dollars +. Just saying

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Following the release of ChiDem, once we realized we weren’t getting any non-LP b-sides on singles, the most exciting events to my mind are:

The Bumble/DJ-era outtakes and remixes thanks to MSL

The initial hope created by the “reunion” (Even now, the eternal question remains: “Where’s Izzy?”)

The storage locker outtakes.

15 years after the last album dropped, most of my happiest memories have come via other fans rather than GNR itself. The “Hard Skool”/“Absurd” single disappointed me compared to the original arrangements.

If the record labels won’t release more outtakes, why not offer CDs for sale via the website or as fan club annual incentives? For a disc of unbastardized, original demos I would happily join.

I know. I know. We are left playing fantasy football and going “What if” scenarios at this point.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Please do not release the 'leaks'/unreleased chin dem tracks S part of an exclusive box set for 500 dollars +. Just saying

Sad to say....but such a release would be best case scenario at this point.

More than likely....there will be no CD deluxe edition/box set and IF there is...it will revolve around live material... including all the classic songs performed.

The chances of any new GNR release not featuring Slash and Duff are next to zero.

ClaudeF wrote:

15 years after the last album dropped, most of my happiest memories have come via other fans rather than GNR itself. The “Hard Skool”/“Absurd” single disappointed me compared to the original arrangements.

Yeah....all the leaks are what kept the fan base going during the CD years.

Imagine 2000-15 without any leaks....a frightening thought.

Many would've walked away.

fan club annual incentives

They don't know how to run fan clubs. Never have...never will.

For 50 bucks you get a Nightrain pin and a disc with a few live tracks on it...from one of the concerts that should've been included in the UYI box set.

For 90 bucks you get the above plus a shirt and cap!

Like everything else.... it's gotta be maximum profit for minimal content.

I'd love for someone competent to steer the ship for just one year.

Edit

You also get access to that forum where the handful of people there pretend to be positive and act like every decision is the greatest thing since sliced bread!

I'm not even sure if it's still like that...I'm going by what the Nightrain forum was like 10 years ago (or whenever).

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I feel there's at least 2 possible cycles we could yet see:

1. An original EP/Album comprised of the remaining locker CD tracks, some of the other 'vault' tracks that Axl has had for many years, possibly padded out by including Hardschool/Absurd or re-done stuff like a new OMG or even CD songs with Slash/Duff  touch Better/TIL etc. In theory they could add on brand new stuff written for this project too - but given its them and the backlog of unreleased stuff - I'd say finishing stuff like 'perhaps' is more likely. They could then mount an entire tour around this concept USA/Europe/Festivals/Asian Markets/South American etc in seperate legs.

I figure that plus a few breaks between legs - plus a delay getting it done and rest when its over would easily fill the next 5 or 6 years.

which brings us to

2. A Farewell cycle - in the tradition of Motley/Aerosmith etc - an offical we're wrapping it up tour of greatest hits. Do this for a few years as well as people do.....

and well that puts Axl and Slash into close to 70 where they can be the elder statesmen of rock and come out when they feel like it for random performances or whatever. (Slash being slash I imagine he would go the BB king route and tour forever). Axl seems more likely to retire seeing as he seems to value privacy etc.

I mean we may get nothing at all at this point.

But i feel like both those two options are still yet possible while they live and breathe etc.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Everything we’ve heard has been because of fan initiatives. The leaks are really part of our small group of friends who’ve been on this train since 98-99. I’d be down for throwing in something to get the rest of the material the hoarders have then getting some quality mixing and mastering on it just for us. Create our own box set. I don’t really care what they release officially at this point

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Oh we'll definitely get a farewell tour....it's what they'll call the tour after a previous half empty venue tour leg has run its course.

It'll be like Not In This Lifetime....a never ending tour until they get sick of it and want a break.

An original EP/Album comprised of....

We're not getting an album. I'm not even entertaining the idea anymore...not even for shits and giggles. If we were going to get an album, it would've happened already.

We'll get one or two more songs if we're lucky to help promote a tour leg.

The reunion has lasted longer than the classic run. If we put this reunion on top of the classic GNR timeline, we're currently in 1994.

That's how ridiculous this situation is.

Sky Dog wrote:

James is on a roll!

ClaudeF

ClaudeF wrote:

To the best of our knowledge does anyone have the storage locker tracks in CD quality rather than MP3? That would be enticing.

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

To the best of our knowledge does anyone have the storage locker tracks in CD quality rather than MP3? That would be enticing.

I have them in an ‘enhanced’ version by that guy who’s amazing at doing that with GnR stuff.

ClaudeF

ClaudeF wrote:
gavgnr wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

I have them in an ‘enhanced’ version by that guy who’s amazing at doing that with GnR stuff.

I was thinking along the same lines: If we can get the tracks in lossless FLAC or similar quality they can be remastered.

Might be worth a crowdfunding effort! ?

Board footer