You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: If GNR releases nothing in 2023, is this the end for you?

monkeychow wrote:

The Axl screams in State of Grace are cool as fuck, throw Slash and Duff on there ala Hardschool and Absurd and I'm a happy camper.

Perhaps is a great song too.

At this point, put those out, maybe something like a re-worked OMG or something similar and it would be a nice little EP for us kiddos.

What makes me sad is most of my favourite bands are winding up and or dying and whatever. It's the way of things. But I'd rather this stuff came out before it's too late. Hopefully they feel the same way.

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:
gavgnr wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

To the best of our knowledge does anyone have the storage locker tracks in CD quality rather than MP3? That would be enticing.

I have them in an ‘enhanced’ version by that guy who’s amazing at doing that with GnR stuff.

I was thinking along the same lines: If we can get the tracks in lossless FLAC or similar quality they can be remastered.

Might be worth a crowdfunding effort! ?

I’m late to the party with this AI stuff. Is it the case that only existing vocals can be altered, or can the AI ‘invent’ songs using th artist’s voice? I know there’s been lots of excitement amongst Oasis fans with a ‘lost’ 90’s album surfacing courtesy of AI, but would the lyrics/vocals have been AI generated?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

The Axl screams in State of Grace are cool as fuck, throw Slash and Duff on there ala Hardschool and Absurd and I'm a happy camper.

At this point, put those out, maybe something like a re-worked OMG or something similar and it would be a nice little EP for us kiddos.

What makes me sad is most of my favourite bands are winding up and or dying and whatever. It's the way of things. But I'd rather this stuff came out before it's too late. Hopefully they feel the same way.

If I could only have one more song from GNR.....it's Oklahoma.

Depending on what Axl brought to the table lyrically/vocally, it's potentially the best song from the Chinese sessions. 

Everything we’ve heard has been because of fan initiatives. The leaks are really part of our small group of friends who’ve been on this train since 98-99. I’d be down for throwing in something to get the rest of the material the hoarders have then getting some quality mixing and mastering on it just for us. Create our own box set. I don’t really care what they release officially at this point

If that second disc ever leaks....it's done. Like you said, they don't even have to release it at that point. While it would be great if they did...the hardcore base who followed the saga for 20 years deserves to hear it.

It should've leaked in 2008.

James

James wrote:
gavgnr wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:
gavgnr wrote:

I have them in an ‘enhanced’ version by that guy who’s amazing at doing that with GnR stuff.

I was thinking along the same lines: If we can get the tracks in lossless FLAC or similar quality they can be remastered.

Might be worth a crowdfunding effort! ?

I’m late to the party with this AI stuff. Is it the case that only existing vocals can be altered, or can the AI ‘invent’ songs using th artist’s voice? I know there’s been lots of excitement amongst Oasis fans with a ‘lost’ 90’s album surfacing courtesy of AI, but would the lyrics/vocals have been AI generated?

The AI stuff in regards to music is not really how people imagine AI to be... although it won't take long to get there.

Example....

A new GNR song. Someone would have to come up with lyrics, then sing it, and then the vocals get tweaked to sound like Axl.

Wait a few years and we'll really get AI Axl/GNR.

It's in its infancy at this point.

Kikkoman80
 Rep: 2 

Kikkoman80 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

You are definitely right.
I think the same thing about PERHAPS.
After ABSIRD/HARD SKOOL I would like PERHAPS/ATLAS

James

James wrote:

Considering the likely scenario where we only get one or two more songs....you really want it to be songs you already have?!?  18

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:
James wrote:

If I could only have one more song from GNR.....it's Oklahoma.

Depending on what Axl brought to the table lyrically/vocally, it's potentially the best song from the Chinese sessions. 

If that second disc ever leaks....it's done. Like you said, they don't even have to release it at that point. While it would be great if they did...the hardcore base who followed the saga for 20 years deserves to hear it.

It should've leaked in 2008.

I agree with all of this. Since “Oklahoma” is said to be where he poured out his feelings about the court case, one of the most significant events in his life, it promises to be a monster.

To hear that, and whatever other vocals are done, will definitely close the book on the ChiDem era and — let’s face it — Gn’R as a creative entity.

I searched for the Disc 2 track list that MSL shared and could not find it. Anyone have it?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Maybe Axl should redo the Bryan Adams song and call it the summer of '93 ... lol

I find it unlikely that the dude is still fixated on something that happened 30 years ago...at least I hope he isnt

James

James wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

I searched for the Disc 2 track list that MSL shared and could not find it. Anyone have it?

Cuban Skies
The General
Atlas Shrugged
Soul Monster
Silkworms
Thyme
Goin Down
Tonto
Monstrocity
Nothin
Jackie Chan
Perhaps
4 Heavens
Light My Fire

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:
James wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

Cuban Skies
The General
Atlas Shrugged
Soul Monster
Silkworms
Thyme
Goin Down
Tonto
Monstrocity
Nothin
Jackie Chan
Perhaps