You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: If GNR releases nothing in 2023, is this the end for you?

metallex78 wrote:

Duff has just released 3 new songs to streaming. Sounds like leftovers from his last solo album. Not bad, but sounds very meh.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Just had a quick listen.  Garbage.

Will never, ever need to hear that again.

Edit

I'm probably being a tad harsh. I just can't get into these guys solo careers...and haven't been able to in many, many years.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I still rate Beautiful Disease as one of the best solo albums by any of them, and that bizarrely still remains unreleased.

I’m surprised with all the millions they’ve been raking in these last 6-7 years, that he didn’t buy the rights back to give it a proper release it deserves.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Duff has probably had the best solo career IMO. Believe in Me is practically a lost GN'R record, Walking Papers is a fantastic band. Tenderness got plaudits from Bob Dylan!

James

James wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I still rate Beautiful Disease as one of the best solo albums by any of them, and that bizarrely still remains unreleased.

I’m surprised with all the millions they’ve been raking in these last 6-7 years, that he didn’t buy the rights back to give it a proper release it deserves.

It would be a waste of his money and time. Why make the effort and spend that kind of cash on an album that only a hundred people will listen to?

The time to take such action was in the early 2000s when it had a semi-mythical status amongst GNR fans.

Now? Nobody cares.... including Duff.

Hell... until you just mentioned it, I hadn't thought of this album in 15-20 years.

Duff has probably had the best solo career IMO.

Hard for me to gauge who's best due to each member coming out of the gates swinging with their first solo projects early-mid 90s.

With a gun to my head....I'd say Izzy's Juju record....but Duff definitely gives it a run for its money.

So did Gilby....so did Slash.

In hindsight it's funny how everybody but Axl wanted to make a GNR record but due to inaction....they all do their own thing.

Axl is the reason these albums exist.

Believe in Me is practically a lost GN'R record

The lost GNR record is the best songs from....

Believe In Me
Pawnshop Guitars
It's Five O Clock Somewhere

With This I Love added as Axls contribution.

elevendayempire

Having listened to it: why the hell couldn't they get Axl to sing Pass You By? That would've been a perfect GN'R song, right there.

James

James wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Having listened to it: why the hell couldn't they get Axl to sing Pass You By? That would've been a perfect GN'R song, right there.

Out of the three songs....that's probably the best. That's not saying much though. lol

They can't/won't do it because he/they don't give a shit. It's beyond obvious at this point.

Axl and Slash contributing to that song would probably take an hour tops.

Still can't be bothered.

This solo stuff just alleviates the boredom.

In one day that song has a grand total of 245 views...about how many active members are left on these forums.

^ That one has 237 views.

The single/video that was posted on the social media platforms has almost 9k views.... meaning most of the people following him didn't even bother to click on it.

Edit

He has almost 24k YouTube subscribers. I would've thought it was a bit more than that.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Seems the fear we have is that the next singles coming out will be stuff we've already heard. Basically, one or more of Atlas/Perhaps/State Of Grace/OMG 2. Slash said the other stuff they recorded was "more complex" and "really epic" compared to Hard Skool/Absurd. So, I suppose the question is: Would Slash consider the aforementioned songs complex? I don't think they are, but Slash's definition may differ from mine.

James

James wrote:

I'm hoping it's Oklahoma/Berlin...only thing in its favor is the fact we heard them playing the outro during a soundcheck last year.

I would consider that song epic.

Bur yeah....GNR logic says it will probably be Atlas, Perhaps, or OMG. They have a long history of not releasing material the fans haven't already heard. They keep songs only the GNR camp and hoarders circle have access to close to the vest.

As the GNR camp and various insiders said years ago...the fans are pond scum and don't deserve an album.

elevendayempire

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Seems the fear we have is that the next singles coming out will be stuff we've already heard.

To be fair we've only heard that stuff because we're downloading motherfuckers. If the locker leaks hadn't happened, all the Chinese leftovers would be brand new songs to us. Sure, there probably would've been gripes about Atlas Shrugged being an old song, but literally no-one knew about Perhaps or State of Grace or Eye on You before the leaks; IIRC their titles had never been mentioned, so it's highly likely the fans would've (initially) hailed them as all-new songs.

Board footer