You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Re: If GNR releases nothing in 2023, is this the end for you?

Aside from an mp3 of Better Gone I believe the only songs on there were written titles. Though I'm sure he wanted people to believe otherwise I don't believe he had actual songs like Tonto ect from that USB stick.
If people have CD2 then it is probably people above him.

Unless it is stuffed into a carebear somewhere.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

I'm still not with you all. Are you saying hoarders have a copy of what was destined to be the follow up to CD, all tracks (incl. vocals) recorded mixed and mastered? Or just various additional songs to the first album in various states of completion that COULD have been CD2?

What I am saying is that there are alternate versions of Chinese Democracy that were circulated before the album release. These alternate versions contain different songs - at least two that weren't on the locker leaks -, mixes and tracklists.

About the follow up album I have no info whatsoever and would love to hear it or about it

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

It really is Scooby Doo.....how ironic Axl was part of this show!

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

Just hoping something comes to fruition. It sounds like people know people who have tracks, or know people that know people. As someone else pointed out, those who have the tracks probably couldn’t give two shits about them. I’m sure with a concerted push in the right direction some music could be forthcoming

Shacklermyrye

gavgnr wrote:

Just hoping something comes to fruition. It sounds like people know people who have tracks, or know people that know people. As someone else pointed out, those who have the tracks probably couldn’t give two shits about them. I’m sure with a concerted push in the right direction some music could be forthcoming

Thing is for anyone who has that stuff they probably feel it's value is about to crash through the floor. 

I don't think anyone saw this speed or improvement in AI coming. It's like a sharp cliff edge the music industry is getting closer to and now it feels like we are running to it.

Sucks to speak in mercenary terms, but if someone has for example CD2 or The General it's pretty safe to say they won't trade it for other songs. Because what else is out there of equal value? Nothing (& i don't mean the song)

That instead limits them to the financial route and due to AI it will be far easier very soon for people to fake unreleased material.

More importantly it will be far harder for someone who actually has something to prove that what they have is actually real. I mean how do they prove it? send more clips in a trade? That would simply increase the likelyhood of leaks.

Again it sucks to think of these things in mercenary terms but I would imagine someone in that position would feel time was running out, and I think they would be right to think that.

Places like Leaked.CX that are about genre's that have even more of a culture of trading are all about to change. This shit is uncharted territory.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

I don’t think AI will diminish the value of real leaks any more than fan remixes or recreations of songs (like “The General”) have done so.

But further contraction of the economy might make some people willing to share what they have for money.

It would have to be done without the nonsense that investors experienced in 2019 when trying to buy the storage locker songs. As the saying goes, “No Chicanery!”

But if we got some real evidence of what is “out there” — at minimum a few clips,  the CD2 cover art and booklet — I am sure some level-headed investors could pool their resources and make it worth someone’s while.

Looking across this thread and the lack of enthusiasm across other sites/Reddit, someone could emerge as a real hero right now!

Shacklermyrye

ClaudeF wrote:

I don’t think AI will diminish the value of real leaks any more than fan remixes or recreations of songs (like “The General”) have done so.

But further contraction of the economy might make some people willing to share what they have for money.

It would have to be done without the nonsense that investors experienced in 2019 when trying to buy the storage locker songs. As the saying goes, “No Chicanery!”

But if we got some real evidence of what is “out there” — at minimum a few clips,  the CD2 cover art and booklet — I am sure some level-headed investors could pool their resources and make it worth someone’s while.

Looking across this thread and the lack of enthusiasm across other sites/Reddit, someone could emerge as a real hero right now!

AI isn't there yet but it will be at some point, fan remixes take a lot more time without AI than I think they will with it. You only need to ask Evader how many hours he plunged into his version on The general. If AI speeds it up there will be more and the fanbase will be flooded.

Very good point about the economy though

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

If Axl does not care about releasing new music anymore I wander how he would feel if CD2 suddenly was leaked.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

AI isn't there yet but it will be at some point, fan remixes take a lot more time without AI than I think they will with it. You only need to ask Evader how many hours he plunged into his version on The general. If AI speeds it up there will be more and the fanbase will be flooded.

Very good point about the economy though

Thanks! And yes, Evader does great work.

What might be a real innovation is if AI can be used to boost the audio range of mp3s (like the storage locker tracks) to CD quality. Not so much create new music as restore lossy recordings to full glory. Like a 4K video remastering.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'm amazed that some people don't believe these songs are actually out there.

On the other hand...a bit understandable I suppose since this stuff has been rarely talked about in the reunion era...also the fact the majority of these hoarders finally stepped away from the forums.

Out of sight, out of mind.

Otto has a pretty good summary above.

Shacklermyrye wrote:

Been around on and off since 2006 started with Newgnr.com although lurked for a few years before that.

Now there's a blast from the past!

While I didn't post there much, I miss those days....

HTGTH
mygnr
ROV/Evo
CD.com
newgnr
newguns
GNR Strip
GNR Source
GNR2k

More that I'm not remembering off the top of my head.

There were so many GNR fans online back then that all those forums were really active....until they weren't.

It still blows me away that out of all those forums back in the day, only 3 still exist.

God even the concept of a proboards forum is old school now i guess

Fun fact: We were temporarily a proboards forum in fall 2007.

I know of only one currently active proboards forum....an old school wrestling forum I check from time to time.

The internet of the early-mid 2000s was littered with those forums. Name the topic...there's a proboards forum for it. I was a member of a bunch of them. Funny how it took them til near death for someone to come up with the idea of only needing one universal user name/profile to log into all of them.

That sure would've come in handy around 2005-6.....

Board footer