You are not logged in. Please register or login.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

Re: If GNR releases nothing in 2023, is this the end for you?

FlashFlood wrote:

If you don’t believe the songs exist how do you explain The General clip? Are we to believe Axl was in charge of the CD player?

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:
otto wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

I'm still not with you all. Are you saying hoarders have a copy of what was destined to be the follow up to CD, all tracks (incl. vocals) recorded mixed and mastered? Or just various additional songs to the first album in various states of completion that COULD have been CD2?

What I am saying is that there are alternate versions of Chinese Democracy that were circulated before the album release. These alternate versions contain different songs - at least two that weren't on the locker leaks -, mixes and tracklists.
it

That sounds like the best lead we have. Certainly one that needs following up.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

I'm still not with you all. Are you saying hoarders have a copy of what was destined to be the follow up to CD, all tracks (incl. vocals) recorded mixed and mastered? Or just various additional songs to the first album in various states of completion that COULD have been CD2?

CD2 exists.

Have no idea about the dynamics of what’s going on with the band currently, but people have those recordings. At least as far along to have Bumble’s contributions.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I wish they would just release them properly.

Like I mean slash says he already did a handful.

Not like it would take him more than a few days to do more.

Absurd/Hardschool came up pretty great - like they're a bit different but they work in a playlist.

It's dumb that people who love the music are reduced to buying tape bootlegs with DJ or Robin from some trader in south america when somewhere Slash and Duff have rerecorded these songs in HD.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

James wrote:

I'm amazed that some people don't believe these songs are actually out there.

On the other hand...a bit understandable I suppose since this stuff has been rarely talked about in the reunion era...also the fact the majority of these hoarders finally stepped away from the forums.

Out of sight, out of mind.

Otto has a pretty good summary above.

Now there's a blast from the past!

While I didn't post there much, I miss those days....

HTGTH
mygnr
ROV/Evo
CD.com
newgnr
newguns
GNR Strip
GNR Source
GNR2k

More that I'm not remembering off the top of my head.

There were so many GNR fans online back then that all those forums were really active....until they weren't.

It still blows me away that out of all those forums back in the day, only 3 still exist.

I probably lurked at all those , Lourenco's site GNRsucks as well, there were loads back then.

I think some people feel there isn't stuff out there simply because they feel it would have leaked by now. But things can always be discovered, like those DAT tape's some guy had in his garage with Machine Gun and Toothpuller on. I think there's probably more in the hands of a few than people reallize.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I just find it bizarre that the greatest rock n roll band of, dare I say, our generation, can’t get it together to write, record and release a new album. Slash is probably the greatest guitarist of our generation too, and Axl was probably the greatest vocalist in his time too.

But yet we’re reduced to trolling forums and trying to bargain with hoarders for new music from this band.

GN’R aren’t some second rate, cult band, that only appealed to a handful of people, they were THE greatest rock n roll band ever. And being the greatest, and even they can’t get their shit together? It just seems ridiculous.

Not just ridiculous, but a massive waste of all that talent.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Shacklermyrye wrote:

AI isn't there yet but it will be at some point, fan remixes take a lot more time without AI than I think they will with it. You only need to ask Evader how many hours he plunged into his version on The general. If AI speeds it up there will be more and the fanbase will be flooded.

I'm very much looking forward to being able to, for example, feed an AI the demo version of Hardschool and the released Hard Skool, and saying, "Replace the drums on the finished version with the drums from the demo." Or "Replace the vocals on This I Love with the ones from the remix, dial up the orchestra a fraction and replace the solo with Slash's live version from Orlando 2016." We're not far off being able to do that sort of thing.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

otto wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

What I am saying is that there are alternate versions of Chinese Democracy that were circulated before the album release. These alternate versions contain different songs - at least two that weren't on the locker leaks -, mixes and tracklists.

About the follow up album I have no info whatsoever and would love to hear it or about it

Well, I'm definitely more interested in more finished 2006-vintage tracks with Robin, Bucket and Bumble. Not so bothered about the prospect of hearing Stay of Execution tracks with DJ Ashba plastered all over them.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

elevendayempire wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

AI isn't there yet but it will be at some point, fan remixes take a lot more time without AI than I think they will with it. You only need to ask Evader how many hours he plunged into his version on The general. If AI speeds it up there will be more and the fanbase will be flooded.

I'm very much looking forward to being able to, for example, feed an AI the demo version of Hardschool and the released Hard Skool, and saying, "Replace the drums on the finished version with the drums from the demo." Or "Replace the vocals on This I Love with the ones from the remix, dial up the orchestra a fraction and replace the solo with Slash's live version from Orlando 2016." We're not far off being able to do that sort of thing.

I know, it will get to that point. There will be a lot of fan remixes appearing in the next year I expect.

Freese's isolated drums from Hardschool are insane, so is the TIL accapella

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Indeed.

Ages ago when they had those rudimentary websites that used filters to 'remove' the vocal lines from songs I took Slash's "made in stoke" live version of nightrain and removed the vocals. Then I grabbed Rock Am Ring 2006 nighttrain and ripped Axl's vocal line - then manually cut and pasted the parts into place.

It was a bit clunky cos my DAW at the time was fucked, and the rips of the 'isolated' vocals and instrumentals were echoy and not clean at all cos the tech was new......but even so it was almost passable as an epic live version we never got. I can imagine the same thing done with more modern tech and automatically would start to bring some truely awesome stuff.

Board footer