You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: If GNR releases nothing in 2023, is this the end for you?

Sky Dog wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
James wrote:

Just watched some of that. Not too shabby.

Unfortunately....92-93 GNR no longer floats my boat although I loved it at the time....and I spent thousands on all those overpriced bootlegs in the mid-late 90s.

I blow hot and cold on the bloated excesses of Gilby-era GN'R, the horn sections, the costume changes during Civil War etc. I would love to see a proper release from those 1993 shows where Izzy briefly returned to the band, though.

1993 Skin N Bones tour was fabulous!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

I would love to see a proper release from those 1993 shows where Izzy briefly returned to the band, though.

I used to want this really bad as well. In fact...I would've sold my mother for it in the 90s.

Now? Not so much.

Izzy didn't give a shit, they didn't rehearse before doing the shows, and he didn't do Dust N Bones.

I'd watch it of course if it popped up but summer 91 is the meat and potatoes of the UYI tour for me. It was a really unique period for the band....

Two new members
A set list so heavy on new material it rivals 70s Floyd
The new material has a rougher feel to it
The band is excited
An anything goes vibe...living up to the most dangerous band in the world moniker

All of this started changing when Izzy left, the albums came out, and Gilby came in. It quickly changed again with all the bloat.

If they ever do The Perfect Crime....it needs to focus on that period.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

I think we will get Perfect crime doc someday but it will be after main members have passed away.

Outside of footage from the golden years theres also the 2006 stuff and the 2010 stuff done by different teams. Just give it all to netflix and let em make a doc series.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Re: Perfect Crime Maybe Axl can't associate with his younger self or that time in the band. Perhaps it's too cringeworthy for him to sanction

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

My guess is that a filmmaker's narrative would be offensive as untrue to Axl and Axl's version of the truth would shit on the other members too hard.

I'd love them to do a version of history like the book version of "The Dirt" where each of the guys kinda told it their own way...but there's just way too much going on and it's all too personal. Plus like with Slash's version of life in his book you'd only ever get the PG version not the NC-17 take we all know really happened.

An example to me is how when Izzy left Axl was hanging with that Sharon woman and doing some type of spirituality readings on everything..just when you wanna put it in the "Axl is crazy" file you read Niven mentioning he did do some voodoo on Axl with Izzy down in new orleans...

Where do you start lol.

Shacklermyrye

monkeychow wrote:

My guess is that a filmmaker's narrative would be offensive as untrue to Axl and Axl's version of the truth would shit on the other members too hard.

That's why I don't think it will happen untill they die but eventually it will, i think.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Re: Perfect Crime Maybe Axl can't associate with his younger self or that time in the band. Perhaps it's too cringeworthy for him to sanction

And if that’s the case, what a shame that footage will lost to history.

Another case of missed opportunity.

But that’s the running theme with this band isn’t it?

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Appetite for Self Destruction

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
James wrote:

I meant Ritz 91.

Any amateur manager would make a REAL blast with Ritz 91.
Its production quality is on the roof, has historic value, guest stars, a great performance and aligns perfectly with the band selling tickets to watch basically the same setlist.

A real pro release with BluRay
+
documentary on YouTube (think Tom Petty's Somewhere You Feel Free) 
+
deluxe package with behind the scenes of the show
+
Making of documentary on UYI plus new interviews with the band on the record (aka the Classic Albums approach).

BOOM. Success.

Unfortunately, Axl and Team Brazil are incompetent enough to not do it.

I really do believe that the end game of TB is to wait for Axl to die and then live comfortably off his legacy. They'll then, and only then, start to release things that have value and can bring real money. How much do you think Apple TV, MAX or Netflix would pay for exclusivity on Perfect Crime doc?

Shacklermyrye

Remember when the company that made AFDemocracy got so tired of being asked why it was delayed that they either tweeted or responded on facebook to a fan something like.

"Ask the bands so called professional management team"
It was something like that. Fuckin Warchild went nuts

Board footer