You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Re: 2023 Tour Dates

Scabbie wrote:

How the fuck have GNR gone from playing with bands like NIN, Faith No More, Metallica, Skid Row etc to fucking Carrie Underwood and The Pretenders. I mean I know we ain't exactly young  any more but wtf?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

How the fuck have GNR gone from playing with bands like NIN, Faith No More, Metallica, Skid Row etc to fucking Carrie Underwood and The Pretenders. I mean I know we ain't exactly young  any more but wtf?

Rock is pretty much dead. There aren't any new rock bands on the way up the ladder like the old days who could get a bump opening for GNR.

That leaves older bands like The Pretenders, The Cult, etc or going a bit outside the box with someone like Carrie.

If these shows don't start selling, next US tour will probably be with a co-headliner like the Crue/Leppard/Poison tour.

Sky Dog wrote:

That’s a huge setlist

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Yeah, 31 songs for the opening night of a tour is pretty impressive.

Bad Obsession sounded pretty great, as did Pretty Tied Up, though Axl gets out of time around the 3 minute mark of PTU and never recovers.

It still amazes me the Axl can fuck up timing so bad while the rest of the band just carries on around him like nothing happened.

Anything Goes sounded good instrumentally, but full Mickey vocals.

Haven’t seen any footage of Down on the Farm yet.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
James wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Rock is pretty much dead. There aren't any new rock bands on the way up the ladder like the old days who could get a bump opening for GNR.

That leaves older bands like The Pretenders, The Cult, etc or going a bit outside the box with someone like Carrie.

If these shows don't start selling, next US tour will probably be with a co-headliner like the Crue/Leppard/Poison tour.

The Cult would work, at least they are more hard rock. If you wanna be more out of the box and from 80's try Duran Duran.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

From memory Thyme wasn't in the leaks? (Wife deleted them a while back?

Hopefully they don't do that annoying thing where they leave them on the set lists but never play them!

Thyme was an instrumental on Rough Mixes disc 4. Also, the instrumental PRL, which Axl said was going to be the namesake of CD II in a 2001 interview, was listed on disc 2 as "without Thyme", so they are probably connected somehow.

I'm guessing as an extended outro like prostitute, if you layer them over each other they dont really work any other way

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Down On The Farm:

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Decent vocals from Axl.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Since it looks like it's on the verge of a release and/or being performed....

Listened to Perhaps a few times today for the first time in ages.

Pretty good....but that chorus needs work. Bad. If he never went back and fixed that...it says a lot about the rest of the material left. It would also destroy the perfectionist myth that some people still hold on to.

Watched Bad Obsession and Pretty Tied Up. I noticed Melissa is a bit higher in the mix now. Also noticed Axl doesn't seem to move around as much... although this might not be new. I rarely watch anything from these tours anymore.

Sky Dog wrote:

He’s 60 years old! Cut him a little slack. He seems like he is good to go from first show…..usually he’s rough for the first few.

Board footer