You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: What Are You Listening To?

James wrote:

The music on this song is incredible....

That's a Pink Floyd song in an alternate timeline.

So is this...

Put Gilmour on lead and make it a bit more up tempo....that's a potential classic.

I'm starting to wonder if Waters should've been sought after by Metallica to do an album instead of Lou Reed.

James

James wrote:

Was listening to some solo Gilmour...his debut since many believe it's his best.

Holy fuck....that is amazing. I hope Waters cussed him out for not saving it for Floyd.

It's obvious that their Animals material inspired that.

That's Grade A....I can imagine that on Steve Vai's Passion and Warfare.

Imagine how much better this guy could've been if he could properly write songs.

If you take the best material from this and Wright's solo album and let Waters do his thing...... you're looking at an epic Floyd album between Animals and The Wall.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Saw Elton John last night so gonna have a dive in to his back catalogue over the next few days.

James

James wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Saw Elton John last night so gonna have a dive in to his back catalogue over the next few days.

I wish I had went to see him years ago... perfect time is when he toured with Billy Joel.

He has a shit ton of hits. He's mentioned how he has to leave many off his set list or he'd be playing all night. I know he'd be leaving many of my favorites off the set.

Here's one of my favorites...fairly obscure. I didn't even realize it existed until hearing it a couple years ago in the opening of Dog Day Afternoon. Elton is one of those artists where it's easy to just focus on the hits without diving into albums/deep cuts. He's similar to the Stones...he's got enough hits to fill up a box set.

Triple H
 Rep: 2 

Triple H wrote:

The Thing About Dreams - Airborne Toxic Event

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

This album has popped for me in the last week. This is not Pink Floyd, it's not supposed to be Pink Floyd but it is great.

All of these songs are A+.

James

James wrote:

Funny.... I've also been listening to KAOS and Pros & Cons this past week or so.

KAOS definitely a grower. I can see why it fell flat at the time though. Other than Radio Waves, nothing really catchy to grab radio listeners.

Pros and Cons is ok but man...he let Clapton have too much influence over the material. You'd know it was Clapton even without any liner notes.

A few highlights....

I love this video....truck stop footage in the 80s...

[/embed]

Who Needs Information or The Tide Is Turning the highlights of KAOS...but I do like the cheesiness of Radio Waves.

It really does belong in a film...a good example would be the John Candy movie Summer Rental....the intro when he's driving to work on the freeway. Instead of channel surfing while cracking his boiled eggs, have him listening to Radio Waves.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

The strength of KAOS is that it's not Pink Floyd. Hitchiking is good but sounds like an inferior sequel to the Wall. Amused to Death he really tries to be Pink Floyd but fails. His last album is a bit of a mix, I think it works very well.

Unfortunately Roger Waters doesn't like KAOS either. A shame. He could have done some unique stuff if he made more albums like that.

Yamcha
 Rep: 11 

Yamcha wrote:

Pachelbel - Canon In D Major

Just trying "new" things 16

James

James wrote:

Good to see you back...just in  time for a new GNR song (God willing).

Board footer