You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Re: If GNR releases nothing in 2023, is this the end for you?

Scabbie wrote:

That 'Tim' Pittman was all over the leaks!

yeah I laughed out loud at that haha. I like how he makes out he has exclusive material thats in the hands of only a few when most of the tunes he is talking about are on Youtube. I think Ricks gonna go on.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
sp1at wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Yeah thats right. It's thanks to you that we have much of the info we do.

"As far as the songs go: 'Oklahoma' was pretty much written by the time they got to the studio. Axl  wrote that with inspiration from the Oklahoma City bombing (more as a tribute to those who died, if I'm not mistaken).(Dave Dominguez, Sp1at, 02/07/05).

It was inspired by a court date with ex-wife Erin Everly. ''I was sitting in litigation with my ex-wife,  and it was the day after the bombing,'' .'' (Axl Rolling Stone. 2000)  That was two days after Duff and Izzy recorded Toothpuller, Machine gun, down by the sea in April 95

“I was a staff engineer at Rumbo Recorders and was about to quit or lose my mind . I thought it was time to get what clients I had (practically none) and get out. The manager came to me and said Guns was coming in to do their next record and they had no producer or engineer and that needed someone with experience so I said "yes" and she also said they would be writing for two months and then recording for two months and they would be it (haha) seven months later. I bailed on good terms with Axl and the band but not with the studio”.(David Dominguez Sp1at)

“Most of the songs had working titles but I know that "Oklahoma" and "Ides of March" were songs that were almost complete.(David Dominguez Sp1at)

“Some were three seconds long, some were three minutes long. Sometimes it was just a guitar lick. ‘Oh, that’s cool.’ They were transferred to CD. Everything had an ID and a number, then the CDs were made for each member of the band. They could go, OK, on set four, CD three, idea 15, let’s do something with that.’ Then everybody would take their CD home, get the part and write something to that. It was intense.(David Dominguez Producer 2010.12.DD - What's On Dubai)

I believe the ID system is on the locker leak discs too. The Rebel is J587 278 for example, makes me wonder how many of those discs there were in total

Ahh, that's cool and quite detailed. It was such a long time ago now lol.

I was doing alot of promoting years ago, so it was a fun thing on the side. The promoter game was a stress so it was good to do something else. When promoting, you are putting your own money out there and you only break even if 90% of the tickets are sold, then you make a bit extra from merch and refreshments. Ticket master make more because they own the venues so it's hard to compete

Thanks man, who did you promote? Anyone we know?

On my own, it was mainly Australian acts, some British.

With others, some of the bigger 90s bands earlier on their careers. It's better to pool any risk, financially.

The whole Guns thing came about because I was considering something years ago, which is why I started talking to them, just to buddy them up a bit, but I didn't approach them in the end just due to costs. So, I did the Splat thing instead, just randomly.

Dadud

Dadud wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I'm ultra skeptical he didn't have much of the rick stuff beforehand. I think you guys have always been way too believing in dark, even through those silly games/riddles.

Considering I had to wait for Rick to get home to send the stuff to darknemus before an email from the chairman showed up in my email, I'm 99% sure dark didn't have the stuff prior to Rick getting it. Others involved in the leaks, and in this thread will say the same.

Dani_1455
 Rep: 3 

Dani_1455 wrote:

An update from everyone here, Axl's tour manager said this: "And I know the band's gonna start working on new music - they've got a bunch of stuff recorded already - there will be new Guns N' Roses music very soon. In fact, I think they're trying to get a single out, like any day now. So you may hear something very, very soon."

Very good news from a person near to Axl

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Great news I guess.

Shacklermyrye

Ahh I see already posted
https://www.facebook.com/10000193037017 … 5695265371

Him saying after 20th of October they will start working on "New music" sounds seperate to these 4 tracks

Clear
 Rep: 0 

Clear wrote:

But it's a bit sad that he says that he thinks they are trying to put a single out. Seems not that involved, but good to hear songs are planed at least

Shacklermyrye

Clear wrote:

But it's a bit sad that he says that he thinks they are trying to put a single out. Seems not that involved, but good to hear songs are planed at least

If he is labeled at Tour Manager he probably isn't that involved in that of things

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:

The story has made Blabbermouth now:

https://blabbermouth.net/news/new-guns- … ny-day-now

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The tour manager is Del James isn’t it?

Board footer