You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: If GNR releases nothing in 2023, is this the end for you?

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

I don’t see them hopping off this train.

I have no doubt there’s re-recorded material, enough for some kind of a physical release. There is plenty of footage for a live dvd and documentary for the last few tours. They’ve, according to Slash, have gone through the old UYI tour material. There is zero motivation to release it.

The fact nothing has been released in the last seven years for their reunion (DVD, documentary) is far more baffling than not releasing an album

They're not a normal band who work hard going through their archives to compile releases on a regular basis...Stones a great example of this.

They don't give a shit about anything but tour revenue...and TB clearly handles the shit merch.

Look at what they offer fan club members.

They can't even bother to spend 10 seconds at a show mentioning their own box sets...causing them to immediately wither on the vine.

Too lazy to compile a new GH so they instead push the GH they begged us to boycott 20 years ago.

They won't even bother doing a Live Era LP rerelease knowing fans who want it have to pay crazy prices.

They don't care.

If you're not in a Live Nation/Ticketmaster online queue to buy tickets to hear the 30 year old chestnuts....you don't matter.

They have to hop off the train this year because the train is about to crash. They stayed so long that the casuals are sick of the routine...and there's not enough hardcores to keep the money flowing in.

They're finding out why the Stones take lengthy breaks between world tours.

The Stones are smart with their brand.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Not hopping off the train any time soon as in retiring. I don’t see it. Axl is motivated when he needs money.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Another long-running band that seems interested in its own legacy: The Grateful Dead. I was reading about the incredible CD box sets they have released which cover actual entire tours. And the merch on their website looks classy, not embarrassing like that stupid GnR plastic truck.

They seem to release dozens - actual dozens - of live CDs a year, and the variety in their setlists (which made following them on the road so appealing) looks pretty damned impressive when you look at the track listings. What balls those guys had. They never repeated themselves night to night.

I’m ready to throw some cash at a hoarder if it means we get new music …

James

James wrote:

In the case of the Grateful Dead...they were pretty much forced into that direction by a large rabid fan base.

They have fans who literally do nothing but listen to Dead concerts year in and year out.

Live Dead was preferred over album Dead.

A very unique situation.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

With GN'R the attitude towards business is still "I found a million dollars that someone forgot". As long as the big bucks keep rolling in there is no incentive to take any interest in the finer points. Essentially nothing has changed since the days they were nipping c-notes from the purses of their street girl groupies. Just look how Izzy still refers to them taking money from fans as "loot". It was always a hustle with them. The only guy with any vision at all was Axl Rose, and he stopped caring 20 years ago.

In any other business the competition would soon run you off the block, but this is more like being in the drug business. The fiends will chase that shit no matter what. The band knows this better than anyone.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Here is San Antonio. Doesn’t look good:

https://www.ticketmaster.com/guns-n-ros … 5206898651

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It feels like one continuous tour, ala Chinese Democracy. That’s their issue. Release something or wait a while between tours.

Team Brazil’s ideas for each tour must really suck. Those little animations aren’t helping

https://www.reddit.com/r/GunsNRoses/com … are_button

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

With the exception of a few cities, they ALL look like that, wide lanes every where.  Even the first date in 10 days Hershey, PA   I wonder who or what they are going to blame the crappy crowds on.

James

James wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

Holy shit...you can buy 50 tickets to this show in one shot!

This could be downsized to a club show.

end-near-vector-illustration-260nw-1069554986.jpg

I wonder who or what they are going to blame the crappy crowds on

A spoiled fan base, the economy, YouTube... anything but themselves.

I doubt the empty venues are even acknowledged by them. They've already been paid, Live Nation will eat any losses, and like I mentioned earlier...I think they're going on hiatus after this.

Team Brazil’s ideas for each tour must really suck. Those little animations aren’t helping

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when these people and their minions who can't manage a lemonade stand are trying to brainstorm tour ideas.

The only guy with any vision at all was Axl Rose, and he stopped caring 20 years ago.

In any other business the competition would soon run you off the block, but this is more like being in the drug business. The fiends will chase that shit no matter what. The band knows this better than anyone.

They lucked into doing this in the era of the stadium legacy acts. Had they handled the reunion like this 15-20 years ago, it would've already crashed and burned.

They're lucky it went any further than 2018.

Remove the pandemic, and what we are about to witness on this tour leg would've happened in 2020-21.

All entertainment (music, movies) saw a post pandemic boost.

GIbsonfan2024
 Rep: 0 

James wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

Holy shit...you can buy 50 tickets to this show in one shot!

This could be downsized to a club show.

https://www.shutterstock.com/image-vect … 554986.jpg

I wonder who or what they are going to blame the crappy crowds on

A spoiled fan base, the economy, YouTube... anything but themselves.

I doubt the empty venues are even acknowledged by them. They've already been paid, Live Nation will eat any losses, and like I mentioned earlier...I think they're going on hiatus after this.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when these people and their minions who can't manage a lemonade stand are trying to brainstorm tour ideas.

The only guy with any vision at all was Axl Rose, and he stopped caring 20 years ago.

They lucked into doing this in the era of the stadium legacy acts. Had they handled the reunion like this 15-20 years ago, it would've already crashed and burned.

They're lucky it went any further than 2018.

Remove the pandemic, and what we are about to witness on this tour leg would've happened in 2020-21.

All entertainment (music, movies) saw a post pandemic boost.

Go outside my man

Board footer