You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Perhaps (2023) to Drop

misterID wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Love Slash but not sold on that solo with the cut and paste, I get Axl wanting to keep those first few notes as they are hard wired in my brain too as "how it goes" after this long. But I think maybe he should have asked slash to ape that part then do his own thing. it sounds very weird with an overdub guitarist kicking in to grab your attention then fading out immediately. But I reserve judgement till I hear the release version on spotify or something without all the bar noise.

Axl's "eeyeyyyyyeeeeee" sounded awesome though. Enough to put me in GNR mode right there. I love that we are slowly getting a cool EP out of this....wish it was faster...but I do like these songs.

Man, I thought that Slash solo was fantastic

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

More fucken Scooby Doo shit. Only in the world of GN’R does a new song appear on a random fucken jukebox instead of released properly. Fucken shitcunts

I think it's brilliant, haven't laughed so much for ages. I've been reading through all the posts,

Sky Dog wrote:

Duff is the difference maker! Wow…I’m stunned by….nothing! Just like the other outtakes, I will take the demos.

Slash and Duff add nothing to these songs. Sorry for giving my honest opinion.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

As much as I hate the incompetent management I hope the song can be deemed a success and gets some good critic reviews.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Different strokes. I like both versions of these songs. Except Absurd. Not a version out there that I actually like

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

mister saint laurent wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Went to a local restaurant tonight and listened to Perhaps on the jukebox for an hour straight. After 15 listens I can say I much prefer it to the demo and deleted the demo as soon as I got home.

After 15 listens the other people there must have been ready to kill you lol. How did the production sound? was it an improvement over the last two?

I got there about an hour before closing. After the song played the second time in a row, people started looking around and looking annoyed. So I went outside to the patio, which was completely empty and quiet, and had a better quality speaker than the speakers inside. So I hit outside in the dark sitting under the speaker for the next 13 listens. I could see through the window that people were getting pissed, but nobody could see me.

Production sounded great. I could never listen to the demo again. The finished version is so much better and I really liked Slash's solo.

This does seem like something that could only happen with a GN'R release. Like I say i'll wait for the HQ version to listen, but if this was The General I would be looking into how to crack into the jukebox archives lol.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Ok so I folded and gave it one listen.
I like it, still hard to judge for sure untill Iv'e hear the HQ version. Sounds like at least some new vocals & drums sound different too.

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

To be honest i prefer the demo solo.

GNRVahland
 Rep: 0 

GNRVahland wrote:

Went to a local restaurant tonight and listened to Perhaps on the jukebox for an hour straight. After 15 listens I can say I much prefer it to the demo and deleted the demo as soon as I got home.

Did you record a complete version maybe ?

GNRVahland
 Rep: 0 

GNRVahland wrote:

Sorry for double posting

Board footer