You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Perhaps (2023) to Drop

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Don’t worry….they are still working on Duff’s bass parts….lol

At this point they should just insert the It's So Easy intro every 60-90 seconds in the song to remind us Duff is back. A cost cutting measure. 25 year old Axl takes, 35 year old Duff takes, maybe even use old Snakepit rejects for Slash's contribution.

Just let AI piece it all together.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Couso wrote:
sp1at wrote:
Couso wrote:

What do you think of this posted on 4chan?

I work in the industry. Perhaps was supposed to be out today and Atlas scheduled for November. There were talks of getting The General in a movie soundtrack, but it looks like that fell apart too. Word is Axl pulled the plug to stick it to the studios with all the strike action thats going on, which has caused bad blood with the label and now Perhaps is up in the air.

It'll be nonsense.

Atlas would be listed on the database, if it was there would be more of a footprint on the Internet.

The movie soundtrack would have to track back to a personal conversation with Axl/Slash/Duff, management, or Sujata/Todd, and they do not talk. Being in the 'industry' gets you lite information on Perhaps and nothing more

Ok thanks….
I like  the artwork

Now we all wait to see if they actually release perhaps on Friday

I can’t imagine this snafu would delay the release (again). Like many have mentioned, who cares that a couple thousand (tops) people got to hear or were seeking out subpar quality versions of an unreleased song. That won’t affect sales whatsoever. And sales aren’t likely to shatter any records anyway. Just release it on Friday, start playing it live, and continue on with whatever the plan is. Another song released in a few months? There’s no need to reverse course because someone made a mistake. They should have really embraced it and used it as free publicity, but they seem to be so jilted over the countless CD leaks over the last 20 years. Times have changed. We’re all older and wiser, I’d like to think. This isn’t preventing world domination or anything. Those days are gone and the inspiration is gone anyway it seems.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:
James

James wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

Garbage. That's how I can tell the sub is at least semi-official.

This subreddit is a completely independent space that's run by the fans, for the fans

Bullshit. If it was run by fans, you wouldn't be deleting discussion.

If you're not semi-official...you're the type who wants to pretend you're official and lick management ass in the hopes you get some backstage passes.

A big contributing factor for this reevaluation was a recent Rolling Stone article that talked about Perhaps being prematurely released on jukeboxes. Originally, the mod team saw this type of article as a violation of Rule 2, as it technically gave instructions as to how one could theoretically access the song before it had an official release

After reading this tripe...which is the exact thing GNR management would come up with...I'm not even buying the song.

You people literally go out of your way to destroy any excitement or goodwill.

It technically gave instructions? Fuck off.

Before it had an official release?!? They're at fault!! You trying to blame the media and fans for a management fuck up is a new low for these dipshits.

Again, we take this rule seriously because we have to, and there can be legitimate consequences for the mod team if we don't enforce it.

The consequences are...no backstage pass for you!!

This whole thing is sickening.

I try to imagine one of my other favorite bands(Floyd, Soundgarden, Mac) being run like this. It simply doesn't compute. Even with all the crazy drama in two of those bands, unprecedented levels of incompetence never entered the equation...much less to the point of suffocating both band and fans.

Just get back to playing Jungle in front of diminishing crowds. It's the only goddamn thing you know how to do anymore anyways.

James

James wrote:
faldor wrote:
Couso wrote:
sp1at wrote:

It'll be nonsense.

Atlas would be listed on the database, if it was there would be more of a footprint on the Internet.

The movie soundtrack would have to track back to a personal conversation with Axl/Slash/Duff, management, or Sujata/Todd, and they do not talk. Being in the 'industry' gets you lite information on Perhaps and nothing more

Ok thanks….
I like  the artwork

Now we all wait to see if they actually release perhaps on Friday

I can’t imagine this snafu would delay the release (again). Like many have mentioned, who cares that a couple thousand (tops) people got to hear or were seeking out subpar quality versions of an unreleased song. That won’t affect sales whatsoever. And sales aren’t likely to shatter any records anyway. Just release it on Friday, start playing it live, and continue on with whatever the plan is. Another song released in a few months? There’s no need to reverse course because someone made a mistake. They should have really embraced it and used it as free publicity, but they seem to be so jilted over the countless CD leaks over the last 20 years. Times have changed. We’re all older and wiser, I’d like to think. This isn’t preventing world domination or anything. Those days are gone and the inspiration is gone anyway it seems.

They don't understand their own hardcore base. The level of contempt... always horrible...is now simply off the charts. They're lucky any of us are still paying attention.

We no longer have the patience for this crap...as the dwindling base continually shrinks.

They shouldn't be surprised. Remember... we're pond scum undeserving of an album...and that's from the mouths of GNR's management.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I'm not even mad. It's just funny at this point. Pond scum, I actually like that. It shows we are living rent free in their heads. Imagine being this rich and successful and you still get worked up over some bullshit. If he's not giving us an album just to spite us that is in fact hilarious.

The funniest part is perhaps that we are the only ones who care about new music. The casual fans in the stadiums have no desire to hear new material, they want the classics. The music biz certainly doesn't care anymore. Only the pond scum do.

James

James wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I'm not even mad. It's just funny at this point. Pond scum, I actually like that. It shows we are living rent free in their heads. Imagine being this rich and successful and you still get worked up over some bullshit. If he's not giving us an album just to spite us that is in fact hilarious.

I fluctuate between pissed and amused.

I really get a kick out of the YouTube fiasco which has dragged on for 17 years. Destroying your own band's social media footprint to such an extent is off the charts level insanity/incompetence...yet they cheer it on.

Then they wonder why only 10-15% of their own subscribers click on their new vids.

Hell...even Don Henley...who hates YouTube...eased up on this a bit.

The myspace thing was even more pathetic. They needed all the promotion they could get on that 2006-07 tour...yet went out of their way to remove songs from people's profiles which was literally free promotion.

Slash wasn't lying...these people do not know how to release anything...as we can clearly see.

They can't do anything but read forums, shit on their fans, and advocate the deletion of YouTube videos.

Live Nation is running the tour.

They do everything else.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Which one of the mods is Warchild then?

Tmgladden
 Rep: 2 

Tmgladden wrote:

I took the “no SoundCloud” links as a dig at me. Every time I would upload a SC link it would get taken down. An half the time it was a remix of an official song. An we’re pond scum? That’s actually really nice since I work in the pond cleaning/building business. Scum is actually useful to a pond, just like we’re useful as the hardcore fans who actually want new music

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Basically our "If-you-know-you-know Clause." We have nothing against these kinds of discussions because acknowledging that unreleased music exists doesn't break any rules or laws. That being said, we'll be keeping a close eye on these types of threads and will be locking them immediately if any comments break the rules.

So I could for example start a thread titled "Atlas Shrugged,which version is better???!!!!" and that would be allowed.
Yet the second the first person comments "Hey where did you hear these???" Then my thread gets locked...

Who recieves the ban? Me? The commenter? Both?

People should just wholesale fuck reddit off and leave it lol

Board footer