You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Marc Canter on Fuse - The Sauce

Okay, one of my friends [the guy in the ROV In Your Face 2] works for Fuse and he just informed me that Marc Canter will be in the 2nd segment of the show, THE SAUCE, airing 6pm EST. time, tonight.   I think we already knew from past interviews with him that he has already listened to CD in it's entirety 3 to 4 times straight through and says it's amazing BUT he also says that it's been held up due to management issues and they wanted to get BBF on the record and he believe it's supposed to be out real soon.

I will post the video of the interview tomorrow after it premieres tonight. 

Food for thought, I know we have heard this before but hey it's news and my friend who is my GNR concert buddy was nice enough to bring me this info so I am sharing it.   

I wonder if there is a real chance we will get it before 2008.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

Thanks, keep us updated. Any news is welcome in these days of GNR!

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Fill me in, who exactly is Marc Canter?

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

He took pictures of the band in the early days and put together that picture book Reckless Road.

Cool info DTJ keep us informed. I don't get Fuse.:|

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Oh ok. Cool. DTJ is it a live show? I was just on Fuse' website & submitted a question. Haha, hopefully they'll ask it, but I doubt it. Anyway yeah hopefully he says something about it. I'll try & watch myself.

You're welcome everybody I'll post video when I get it & any other Fuse news that relates to GNR. They know to come to me with stuff like this smile

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

FWIW I just saw it. Off Topic a bit that book sounds pretty f'ing cool. He apparently went to school with Slash & has known him since 5th grade. In 7th grade they became good friends while BMX'ing, then Slash picked up the guitar. He has photo's from their very first gig, a UCLA frat party, they're first LA club show, 1st time playing WTTJ, RQ etc..

Anyway, then the interviewer does ask about CD. He states Axl stopped over a few times over the past several years with random demo's & stuff. But he was at the Vegas show this past year & afterwards Axl played the album 3 or 4 times. He said (take it for what it's worth, I wouldn't read into it 100%) it was the finished version. He says basically everythings recorded mixed mastered etc. He then goes on to say exactly what DTJ said he says before. That he feels the album is done, it's just taking time because they are getting new mgmt, trying to get BBF on the record, and trying to negotiate a deal with the label.

Again, the guy just seemed to be speaking offhand, so I wouldn't read into everything 100%, but the 'negotiating a deal' part does sound peculiar, especially from an aquantiance of Axl's. Sometimes where there is smoke there's fire. Anyway, DTJ will probably upload this tomorrow. It was cool, on a webcam though, so the video/audio quality wasn't very great. Seems like the guy was at home.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

If there is a finished album in the vaults, it needs to be released. Fuck this adding people shit. What happens if someone else leaves before its released? New people have to be added. If Axl keeps waiting on having a stable band for years on end, this wait is gonna go on forever.

I have nothing against BBF being on the album in some capacity, but at some point someone has to say enough is enough.

Sky Dog wrote:

James, come on...your focusing on the wrong thing...Bumble said and the band said the recording is done...end of discussion. The big problem is negotiating with the label. With all the money invested by the record company and then all the costs of recording done after the label cut off funds (costs paid by the artist), ten years of shit is not going to be settled because Axl has an album.Merck told you negotiations had to take place, Axl said it, this guy says it, no manager since Merck left, common sense says it is a fucking business clusterfuck. What is Axl going to do with the "extra songs", who owns them if Axl only owes Uni one album? Both parties have paid for the recordings-who owns them?????? If I 'm Axl, I 'm saying you have your one album of 12 songs and I get the rest....Uni probably says they are all theirs. No manager to help negotiate. Who is going to pay for promotion? Maybe both parties want a new contract....maybe Axl wants all the music and wants to walk away free of the label.....endless possibilities and ALOT of money at stake...throw in Radiohead's bold move and things get even more interesting..recording guitar parts that may only take a week to do is chicken shit compared to the business side of things.:haha:

thanks Pasnow and Double

Robman
 Rep: 5 

Robman wrote:

I completely agree, there is a lot of things that we often don't take into consideration, hopefully everything turns out for the best.

Board footer