You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Atlas Shrugged (2023 ) - Rumour

misterID wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Not a huge fan of what Slash did with the Perhaps solo but I actually hope he does replace Brian Mays solo on this if it does come out. I think i'm in the minority that i really like this song, but the solo is a bit bland for me.

The tom drums however sound fucking incredible

Are the locker leaks May? Catcher definitely isn’t the May version and is better for it

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

It was never clear to me how much % of the algorithm fed off of fan-made playlists.

As far as HasItLeaked, I remember people taking stock in their "new GnR album" post in 2019. I'm guessing they heard whispers of an album then. But this is fairly brazen and putting their credibility (how much they have, I don't know) on the line.

If we're getting:

August - Perhaps
September - The General
October - ???
November - Atlas Shrugged

Does this mean the singles stop in November as a 4-song EP?

I know people would be mad if we got Oh My God in October but I honestly wouldn't be mad. I've always liked that song and the poppier makeover we got in 2011? rehearsals was cool.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Quicksong, Soul Monster and Oklahoma have to be part of the mix

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

It was never clear to me how much % of the algorithm fed off of fan-made playlists.

I was initially a believer in the Spotify thing...almost felt like guerilla marketing....

Until it started spitting out results like Real Doll which is obviously a sketch and old mislabeled GNR torrents like Cats In The Cradle and I realized the algorithm was feeding us back what we were giving it.

An algorithmic circle jerk.

It doesn't mean nothing is happening...it just means the Spotify thing was much Ado about nothing.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
misterID wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Not a huge fan of what Slash did with the Perhaps solo but I actually hope he does replace Brian Mays solo on this if it does come out. I think i'm in the minority that i really like this song, but the solo is a bit bland for me.

Are the locker leaks May? Catcher definitely isn’t the May version and is better for it

The catcher from the locker leaks is definitely May

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

I don't think the cover is real, largely because of what we've gotten in the past:

Appetite: Named for a crazy painting by a respected artist.

UYI: The cover and booklets include quality art pieces.

ChiDem red hand and grenade (i.e. the versions Axl apparently liked best): Basically they are galleries of high-end art.

This proposed cover looks like it would be just fine for a concert poster but does not match the standards set by the albums we've gotten so far.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

misterID wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Both CITR and Atlas are May

misterID

misterID wrote:

That sounded nothing like the May version I heard

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
misterID wrote:

That sounded nothing like the May version I heard

Just listened to it and it's definitely May.  The solo and the outro it's him.  I think in the beginning (first 2 mins or so) the guitar work is sort of lower/maybe a little buried in the mix and you kind of have to work and maybe turn up the volume a little to catch it since it's going on at the same time as Axl's vocals.  That's probably why you think it doesn't sound like him.

misterID

misterID wrote:

You’re probably right. I wish I still had that crappy cassette demo because I could swear that solo was different

Board footer