You are not logged in. Please register or login.

kemmep
 Rep: 1 

Re: The General confirmed next

kemmep wrote:

See Jarmo's response below. If you read between the lines, you would think that it is being streamed:

Not sure where this rumor originated.  Huh

How likely is it that they won't put out the track? Both Absurd and Hard Skool were released to radio and streaming. The only tracks not available are the live tracks on the singles.

But this isn't a live track. I'm assuming they'll release it to radio as well?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
kemmep wrote:

See Jarmo's response below. If you read between the lines, you would think that it is being streamed:

Not sure where this rumor originated.  Huh

How likely is it that they won't put out the track? Both Absurd and Hard Skool were released to radio and streaming. The only tracks not available are the live tracks on the singles.

But this isn't a live track. I'm assuming they'll release it to radio as well?

No offense to Jarmo...but two things...

1. He's assuming

2. He already has the song. He doesn't give a shit. He probably only made that post to stop people asking him.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Oh I don't know. If you look back to how the first CD era leaks got out then I would be surprised if people on the periphery of the band are still allowed to have those things. The core of TB will of course, given they have positions they didn't back in the day but anyone outside of that I doubt it.

Visiting this place is like viewing a 2006 time capsule, but viewing HTGTH is like stepping into 1998 on some dial up shit.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Oh I don't know. If you look back to how the first CD era leaks got out then I would be surprised if people on the periphery of the band are still allowed to have those things. The core of TB will of course, given they have positions they didn't back in the day but anyone outside of that I doubt it.

Visiting this place is like viewing a 2006 time capsule, but viewing HTGTH is like stepping into 1998 on some dial up shit.

Let me rephrase...

He has the pre-reunion version of the song. Some hoarders said he had everything they did....and I believe them.

BP had it all too....a fact....but Jarmo of all people doesn't?

Another clue that he has it all is how he shits on everyone else who wants the songs. A neutral observer/fan would not do that.

He more than likely has the new version as well. Even if not, he's certainly heard it already.

It's sad what happened to that forum. It used to be the best forum on the net. It was so good back in the day, it even had members who didn't  like GNR but loved the off topic sections.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

I did mean new stuff btw as in I doubt he has the new version.
I simply mean I suspect the sharing of songs with people on the fringes of the band has been restricted since those old days because of what happened back then. Would expect they got more careful after the Locker leaks too. Pretty sure people at Creative Works at least will have the new version though, as they will have needed it to do there job.

Another clue that he has it all is how he shits on everyone else who wants the songs. A neutral observer/fan would not do that.

But he isn't a neutral observer/fan of the band he follows them around everywhere and runs a "fan" forum. I'm not sure that means he has it all though. In my experience people on the fringes of people in the public eye often have an elevated view of themselves and look down on others or "Shits on everyone else" as you put it lol. So that does sound familiar behaviour tbf.

I have somehow gone about 20 years without ever once speaking to the guy as I was never a user there. Heard both bad and good about him.

The interview archive they got is good though.

Couso

Couso wrote:

I’ve read fucking loads of pages and there isn’t any actual news.
Shall we just make some shit up and we can read that to pass the time

I’ll start Axl to release a carpenters cover album
“…jambalaya and a crawfish pie  on the motherfucking bayouuuu”

I fucking hate the carpenters

Or axl doing a spoken word versions of 99 Luftballons in the original German

Totally deadpan
Straight down the camera
“Hast du etwas motherfucking zeit für mich…?“

Balloons ?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I wouldn’t doubt Jarmo has everything, at least pre reunion.

busngabb

busngabb wrote:

I keep expecting to log on everyday and see a post that it's finally leaked. I've no idea how they've managed to keep it under lock and key for this long. There must be so many copies of it floating about in transit by now to be got ready for packaging and dispatch to the customers? How has one of those not slipped the net? How has a record company exec not been given a sample and left it somewhere?

When it does finally drop, someone send me a PM with the link.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I agree. Makes me worried! 14

Sky Dog wrote:

Maybe it hasn’t leaked because it’s not coming? Use Your Illusion ….

Board footer